Grey horizontal lines in screen, Solved?

kylechu

Here's a picture of the screen. The lines are grey. The ribbon cables are hard to get to, but look like they're in all the way (at least on the side I can see). What's wrong?!?!?

3790241443_eb3842a242.jpg

Re: Grey horizontal lines in screen

I am making a very wild quess, but those could be dead pixels or the video on the circuit board was damaged or maybe over heating?

I thought dead pixels were only one or two pixels, not lines.

yeah, that makes sense. As, I said you will probably want to wait for the geniuses to get on.

Yeah, people always say intec screens suck. Is this why?

They're still, but a third line (not in picture) appears and dissapears after a while.

kylechu said:
Yeah, people always say intec screens suck. Is this why?

No i have 3 and they all work great. Is that screen made for wii or is it modded? new or used? try giving it more/less powe.r

What do you mean modded? It was an xbox screen, but it hooked up through composite video, the wii was just the closest thing I could find. It's used and was like this when I got it. I tried giving it less power, didn't do anything. I'm not giving it more power both because I don't want to fry it, and 12 volts is the highest my universal wall wart will go.

kylechu said:
What do you mean modded? It was an xbox screen, but it hooked up through composite video, the wii was just the closest thing I could find. It's used and was like this when I got it. I tried giving it less power, didn't do anything. I'm not giving it more power both because I don't want to fry it, and 12 volts is the highest my universal wall wart will go.

If it was from a xbox I am 99.9% sure it needs more Amps. If not you could just give it to me :dahroll:

Why would it need more amps? It's a generic screen that just happens to hook to the xbox. The only reason it might need more power is because it has some pretty big speakers, but someone on benheck forums said theirs worked perfectly at 1.2 amps, and my universal wall wart thing will go up to 1800. Let's assume it isn't a power issue. What else could be wrong.

Re: Grey horizontal lines in screen, still need help.

It's not the power, it's not the input. It's the screen. What could cause this inside the screen.

Palmer to the rescue!

LCDs work like a battleship grid: There are inputs from the bottom and the top for each pixel. If one of the side lines dies, the entire row dies. I have had this problem on a lot of gameboys. :(

Sorry, but it is pretty likely you are just plain screwed. :(

Ah well, I'll just try and probably fail to fix it. I never admit defeat, even when I'm obviously defeated! I'll probably electrocute myself, swear, and then throw it out the window. Unless anyone wants to buy it. :)

Anyway, thanks Palmer. :D

So, just to make this clear. The problem was the video lines on the circuit board correct? If so, people should listen to me more often.

Also, you might be able to buy just the circuit board from this website. I am quessing there are people that just messed up there screen and want to sell there wasted cirucit board.

Uhhhh... No. The way Palmer explained it was the LCD partially died, so you were W.R.O.N.G.

nvm I read to wrong. I am retarted. Whats W.R.O.N.G. suppose to mean? Why R

Like when you spell something out. Like when you say, "N O."

snowpenguin said:
Like when you spell something out. Like when you say, "N O."
Yeah, but then you sound like you're retarded. WWWWRRROOONNGG :dah: I iz tardo.

Have you tried putting it in the freezer or massaging the dead rows? They probably won't help, but will give you something to do.

Back