Gman's Wii portable worklog

nrLTl.png

ayy LOC

LOCtronics said:
You need to rewire the wificard otherwise homebrew channel won't seek for an sd card.
Also to check that your cuts are indeed working and not just booting into a nice useless homebrew screen wire the sd card slot aswell. Only when you can boot into gamecube/wii games wil it actually be useful.

I know the focus has been to avoid using the disc drive, but would booting directly to Swiss, using a wasp fusion for loading sidestep the need for the wificard?

if thats the case a Wii seems like a better option for a GC portable purely from not needing an expensive component cable - that and wiis are cheaper nowdays.

Diminuendo said:
LOCtronics said:
You need to rewire the wificard otherwise homebrew channel won't seek for an sd card.
Also to check that your cuts are indeed working and not just booting into a nice useless homebrew screen wire the sd card slot aswell. Only when you can boot into gamecube/wii games wil it actually be useful.

I know the focus has been to avoid using the disc drive, but would booting directly to Swiss, using a wasp fusion for loading sidestep the need for the wificard?

if thats the case a Wii seems like a better option for a GC portable purely from not needing an expensive component cable - that and wiis are cheaper nowdays.
A lot of the discussion is going on over here:
http://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?th ... rtable.86/

Also, no because Swiss doesn't work with Wii games, no to mention the fact that the goal of avoiding the DD is so that it becomes possible to lop off the connectors. There is no point in getting a WASP for the Wii (assuming nothing is done about the calls to the daughter board) because you can run perfect GC games through homebrew. Why spend the extra $30?

The Wii wouldn't autoboot into Swiss either way. It thinks there is a GC game in the drive when a WASP is connected, so you'd still need the WiFi module on there AFAIK.

Whole point of having the board so small is to remove as many components as possible and softmodding it to play gc games. Autoboot into swiss software wise is not possible (as of yet) without the wifiboard connected sadly.

Gman is doing some crazy work on trimming it so let's wait and see what he comes up with.

A question Gman, in the first page you were talking about what screen to choose etc....
I just want to know which one u decided to buy. Thanks for answering!

Hey !

I really like your work and the effort you put in your creations is amazing. I'd just want to know what components you bought and the references appart wii console, as I want to start mine too. I want to build it up like yours but I don't want to screw it up, it would be pretty sad.
Moreover I'm starting in modding so I'm not that good, that's why I follow step by step tutorials or worklogs like yours.

Thanks for tha eye joyness !

Back