Gman's 4th Gamecube Portable- Wii u style

gman

My 2nd Gamecube portable I finished this week! This portable took waay too long to build, I'm talking months. But it's finally done and it will be worth all the time I spent on it.

Features:
6.2 inch screen
original gc controller buttons
full analog triggers
around 2 hour battery life
all 4 controller ports
av out
internal memory card on slot A
Slot b memory slot

liking that comparatively big screen. With portables it's either as portable or as big a screen possible.

I'm starting to think maybe SS told you his secrets on how to ingest components and flax out portables. :awesome:

Very nicely done man. I really like both of your recently finished GCp's.

Ashen said:
I'm starting to think maybe SS told you his secrets on how to ingest components and flax out portables. :awesome:

I think Gman's got things covered, my work here is done.

Excellent work!

SS

Ashen said:
It was the longest flax ever :oops:

thanks guys.

Wow, it looks really great! How many portables have you made so far? Including the GBA carrying case GC you made that had some heat issues.

This is super, man!
That's four Gamecube portables, sweet work :awesome:

This looks like tchay's envision from first look (expect this GCp has a 6.2 LCD, ports and dd)
But other than those, it's color, buttons and all remind me of the envision.
Nice job, man :)

So, this took some months to make because it was more of a challenge to bulid than your other gcp's you made?

Was it harder to make than other gcp's you've built?

Awesome! I love big screens on portables...

I also like that you left in many GC features many people tend to leave out... like controller ports, video out....

The B button looks kinda weirdly place but other than that I love it!

carlifirio said:
I also like that you left in many GC features many people tend to leave out... like controller ports, video out....
People leave them out because they are mostly just gimmicks imo. My buyer demanded those features so I had to include them.

This looks like tchay's envision from first look (expect this GCp has a 6.2 LCD, ports and dd)
But other than those, it's color, buttons and all remind me of the envision.
Nice job, man :)

So, this took some months to make because it was more of a challenge to bulid than your other gcp's you made?

Was it harder to make than other gcp's you've built?
It reminds me of the envision also. It took longer because I re did it. I finished it weeks ago but it wasnt good enough for what the buyer was paying so I got a new case from downing and completely restarted.

I think using the original disc drive is harder in some aspects than the wiikey fusion. The disc drive is much easier to wire up but it can be difficult to mount it in the portable with moving parts and the disc drive takes up a lot of room.

Wow, it looks really great! How many portables have you made so far? Including the GBA carrying case GC you made that had some heat issues.
The gba one will be completed very shortly. I think the controller has the c y axis internally bridged to ground. That's what the multimeter shows but there is no physical bridge. I'll be replacing the controller in that and then it's complete. So I guess I've made 12 portables In think?

Looks great.

Remember kids, it wasn't too long ago that every GCp had a disc drive sticking out the back. What's amazing is how far the rest of the GCp has advanced, too. This would be among the smallest of GCp's with disc drives.

I am looking to buy a portable gamecube. I can fund immediately. It will be going to a 14 year old with plenty of disc but if flashcards work best I'll consider that option too. I know these take much effort to make and I can generally pay your reasonable cost. Please respond. I'll try to check the post but my email is atxjason@gmail.com. If anyone has one built already, that would be great too. Rechargeable battery powered system is what I'm looking for on this unit. I already own a nice N64 portable from a guy names John "bacteria" in the UK. I am in Austin, TX.

Jason P
atxjason@gmail.com

Thanks everyone for the comments.

vskid3 said:
Looks great.

Remember kids, it wasn't too long ago that every GCp had a disc drive sticking out the back. What's amazing is how far the rest of the GCp has advanced, too. This would be among the smallest of GCp's with disc drives.
lol. It's hard to imagine those days and this portable is gigantic to me. After making this portable, I'll never take the wiikey for granted! Huge thanks to everyone who made the wiikey a thing for gamecubes!

Back