Gebby's Slim Xbox Laptop

I didn't mean to offend, just offer a space solution. As far as expensive goes, I am not sure where you got the idea that it would be expensive. A ide laptop hard drive cannot be that expensive, and the desktop to laptop adapter is cheap as well. Locking it with a stock xbox may be considered a loop hole, but I thought it would address the size concerns while keeping it all at stock.

Honestly I thought it was a little harsh to call it a stupid idea. I was only trying to throw out a suggestion that would keep you with the same end result - a native xbox laptop. No mod needed.

I've figured out a placement that I'm pretty sure will do the job:
84lf.jpg

It only requires me to relocate a couple of caps and leaves a fair amount of free space elsewhere in the case for the video and power boards, so that's pretty cool.
qx4p.jpg

Now I need to finish cleaning up the inside of the case so I can give myself a few more millimeters to work with and figure out where I'm going to put mounting bits.
When my headers come in, I can make this a pretty slick little setup and I'll have everything I need to extend the lvds cable. This is all shaping up pretty nicely.

Bonus bit about the drive placement: it just happens to be such that I can use the stock FFCs to run to the dvd drive. Great. Save money, live better, Geb.

looks tight. How much clearance do you have on the HDD over the heatsink? If you have the room maybe some sort of risers can give it a bit of breathing space..

please don't bump threads.

gonna leave this thread open for if ttsgeb actually wants to make any updates.

Things have happened, but I lack any material for a post.
KB, I'm totally ok with people poking me with a stick. I know bumps are usually bad form, but I swear it's alright by me. :p

Back