GCp case idea, would this work?

bouchandre

Well first I'd like to point out that this is my first post here, I'm a new guy.

I've just started out making a CGportable. While waiting for some pieces to get shipped, I'm trying to find a good way of making the case. I have pretty much figured out most of what I need to do, except a way to hold the 2 vaccum formed pieces together. I don't want them to be glued because I would like easy interior access. I have an idea, but I don't know if it would work:

http://bouchandre.deviantart.com/art/GC ... -341848475

Basically the top half goes inside the bottom half, then you can put some screws in the sides where the 2 layers meet. Oh and if you are wondering, I made this in blender.

Do you guys know any other method that would work better? Thanks in advance!

for the portable I'm making I have a CNCed front and a Vac formed back so that I can create that lip your talking about

Yeah, I just realized that it would be impossible to take out the shape out of the mold :(

Is there any other way then that I can make the 2 pieces stick together?

If you are desperate to use this idea you could make the mold out of something that you can cut up afterwards like styrofoam. That might work but I have never tried it. Otherwise you can use teeth and screws through the side. Or use some old screw posts or buy some. There are many different ways which you could try just look around at other peoples worklogs and cases.

if you want to vacuum form that lip you make 2 molds; one that will be the outside of your case and an identicle footprint minus the thickness of your plastic in all driections, you then cut the lip piece out and plastic weld it to the first piece

difference is your actually thinking, which is different than most people starting a portable who expect everyone else to do their research for them

Yeah, I've noticed that a few times browsing the forum. I've gathered a lot of info so I already know how to do most of the machine. I'll have help from my dad who knows a bit about electricity. I have ordered my Wiikey fusion and I can't wait to start! I'll post another topic in the near future when i'll have another unanwsered question. Thanks for the help!

Back