GC games on PC emulator?

bassmasta

What have been everyone's experiences with emulating GC games on the PC? As in, CPU usage, compatibility, etc. I'm particularly interested in SSBM, because I would love to play Melee in glorious 1080p on my monitor.

Dolphin runs pretty decent on my PC. I can run everything high res with all the special effects. Stereoscopic 3D seems to slow it down a bit though.

I have a highly modified Dell XPS 420. Core 2 duo @ 2.6ghz, 4gig 800mhz ram and a geforce gtx 460 running windows 7. Nothing special by any means.

Some games run great , some run half speed, some not at all.

It's got a lot better but still not perfect.

Mario Kart is hella fun though :)

And Smash Bros Melee runs about perfect on my laptop.

Melee runs super smooth on my Phenom II @ 3.2-3.6 GHz, 1440x900 with some AA if I remember correctly.

You know, I heard that there was some sort of widescreen melee thing goin' on with dolphin for melee. Might try that. I need a GC->PC controller adapter, *Can'tSayThisOnTV* everything else.

SS

Dolphin is really great if you have a decent PC.

Play Wind Waker in 1080p and then sit back in awe.

Dolphin runs 99% of games perfectly on my 3.4ghz i5 750 w/ 9800GT and a 4 GB Ramdisk. Running the games off of a ramdisk helps immensely if you have enough ram to do so.

I kinda dropped of the map here for a while..

Been trying it out for the last few days while I tried to get inspired to knock together a GCP. Had no problems whatsoever, though my laptop is rather powerful:

Intel i7-740qm overclocked to 2.5ghz
Nvidia GTX 460M
8gb Ram

Zero said:
Play Wind Waker in 1080p and then sit back in awe.

GZLE01-3.png

Thanks for the feedback everyone. If I get time this weekend, I'll try out out. I don't think I'll have much difficulty running it though, as I have a i5 2500k + 6950.

Be sure to fiddle with the settings as much as you need to. Some can make a world of a difference to your performance.

If you're on XP, you probably shouldn't even try. SOOOOO glitchy and slow.

What version of windows you are running has nothing to do with performance. The main GFX plugin for dolphin is coded for directx 9c. Which is compatible all the way back to at least windows 2000 or earlier. If you're getting crap performance its probably because: 1. you have some settings screwy 2. Your PC just cant handle it. My subpar XP machine runs dolphin just fine at min graphical settings.

Ashen said:
What version of windows you are running has nothing to do with performance. The main GFX plugin for dolphin is coded for directx 9c. Which is compatible all the way back to at least windows 2000 or earlier. If you're getting crap performance its probably because: 1. you have some settings screwy 2. Your PC just cant handle it. My subpar XP machine runs dolphin just fine at min graphical settings.
From my experience with Dolphin:
OpenGL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DX9/11

Back