[GB COLOR] PIKABOY by e4i

e4i

Hi there !

Here is what I've called the PIKABOY, an idea which emerged in 2011 and that I eventually realised in late 2014 because I had to find a Christmas gift for my girl in a hurry !

This custom features:

-LEDed Pikachu's cheeks when system is powered.
-Speaking Pikachu when system is both switched ON/OFF.
-180° rotating tail for both show off/playing position.
-Feet for stand up position.
-Elevated +, A & B buttons over Pikachu arms.
-Pokeball box.
-Handmade screen bezel.

I haven't done pictures while building it but here are the ones I managed to take once finished !

:):):):)

I have no words. It's too much.

Seriously though, that thing is INCREDIBLE.

Thank you guys !
@Wallydawg, no unfortunately I don't have any picture of the construction , I didn't have many time to do it so I skipped this part :/

That's all epoxy and abs sheets/cement. Took days of filling, sanding ... I even had to redone the ears because I wanted to mold the case in silicone but broke them in ! The tail is fragile then, next one (maybe) I'll mold it to "seal" it.

@Fluxedo, I just use a McDonald's Pikachu toy we had some years ago in France and use a Ds Lite speaker with it. Really tight fit.
@Diminuendo, thanks man ! Yes, only the tail is fragile at the moment, I might build another I will mould so that would be a lot more solid !

e4i said:
@Fluxedo, I just use a McDonald's Pikachu toy we had some years ago in France and use a Ds Lite speaker with it. Really tight fit.
@Diminuendo, thanks man ! Yes, only the tail is fragile at the moment, I might build another I will mould so that would be a lot more solid !

What about making a DMG with a HDMI mod and controller out, it seems like something much better to put on display but not need to be touched.

Although the GBC is just the perfect shape for this, and it would be a shame to loose it

Good God thats impressive. Ill bet it took a stupid amount of work to get it looking that good, but it looks like it all paid off.

@Diminuendo, That's a nice project you pointed me to, I keep an eye on it.
@megalomaniac, haha thanx man! You're on the top of my list ;)
@Dyxlesci, many thanks ! Yes it took a lot of sanding, filling... It might not look like it but the hardest part was the round shape between both ears as it had to be exactly the same on both part of the case and I wanted it to look perfect even when take the case apart !

Back