Gamecube Power switch removed and working GC how?

Gamerlolwind

hay everyone,
i tested my gc yesterday and made an interesting discovery, for myself that is.
i think most of you already know this issues with the gc power switch:

on the 17th i desoldered the gc power switch from it's board:

IMG_0800.jpg

so, having done this i thought that i could do this:

"i removed the deflaut GC switch cause i'll use the ON/OFF switch from the charge n Play part SS made for me."

i basicly thought that i could run the gc from the Charge n Play switch that SS made for me instead of using the standard GC switch.

but that was not the case as i found out yesterday :(

reason why, no matter if i pushed "off" or "On" on the cCNP switch i got no response from the gc :(
with the switch removed.

so, im thinking to beleve that the gc switch is Required to be slotted in it's normal postion for the gc to run at all. (in which case it ran fine once i slotted in the switch in it's normal place) :)
(good thing i kept the switch just in case something like this happened )
thanx God :)

GCpowerswitchremoval.jpg

(lucky me as i thought i had blown or fired or something bad to my modded gc, which i have wanted for 2 years now and so much hard work has been contributed into this by friends etc.)

so, the Normal GC acts as the "main power switch" for the system/screen, while the CNP switch acts as a "two way Sub-switch" for GC wallpower from AC power supply and Battery power (internal)).

also this being said, can i have the gc switch on and jsut use the CNP switch for the two way options like in ashen's fusion rev 3 and other portables?
i mean keep the gc switch inside the system and pressed 'On"?

Basically if you want an external switch to work, you can cross the two small solder points underneath the original switch. Keep in mind that this will then need you to use the switch from something that is supplying the power. This is the same as keeping the power button pushed all the time.

megalomaniac said:
see if this helps

pwrswitch.jpg

thanx for this diagram, i'll give it a try.
you sure this works 100%?

the problem is my gc doesn't power on or such.
it MUST be the flauty switch, as i have tested my screen out separately and it works fine.

i'll try your wiring to see if my gc will power on now. I'm thinking it may be burned out, but since my 4.3 inch screen isn't then the gc must be fine too, just doesn't receive any power due to the bad power switch.

as the power switch give 000 Ohms reading, so i'll replace it.

also what cable wiring should i use for the GND and power?

thin or thick?

also if i get another gc and take it's "power switch board" and use that on my cubefusionPAL gc it'll work fine?

CPCookieMan said:
Thick is better, especially for the ground.

yep, but for the power input too.

also, do i need to add a wire to the one pin of the fan? as my fan is mounted on to the motherboard and is built in.

IMG_0719.jpg

can the gnd points on the switch if they are not touching the pcb board can cause the switch to not work and give the gamecube any power?

issue fixed :)
used a new power switch board from another gc.
all is good now :)

thanx for the help, CKcookieman

Back