GameCube portable worklog

Re: GameCude portable worklog

As I recall, didn't one of the swiss wiikey things that I know nothing about solve the issues with the 1.0 boards making all gamecubes compatible?

SS

Pretty much, you just have to hold the switch in on NTSC IPL v1.0 boards too boot into Swiss. Or do the "eject/reset" trick like I did with Buds GC.

Oh thats good to know, thanks Ashen. I was thinking of flashing Swiss to my Wiikey but I think the original Wiikey Loader will be fine for me. I will have to look more into that. I have IPL 1.0 and 1.1 boards so if I ever have to use one of my IPL 1.0 I will definitely flash it.

Looking good, but why'd you cut holes in the top left and bottom right? Are you going to do what I did and vacuum form a 3DS analog stick mold?

Thanks Sony! The holes are for the 3ds sliders I haven't decided what to do with then yet but I think I'm going to epoxy a thin peace of plastic flush with the back and contour the edges.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted any progress lately but I have been busy with school.
I finally got back to work on this project and made some progress with the case. I made the spacer taller to make room for the batteries that I plan to put in this unit.

1760f6077e2045dd1f39231f5acd87d7.jpg

I made the spacer 3/4" taller. It's a little over kill but I think I could use the room. All I need to do is fill the pits with Bondo and the spacer will be finished.

I ran into a problem with my wiikey, it freezes in the middle of games. I don't know if its the wire length or something else, but if anyone has a suggestion on what it might be I would appreciate the help.

Check your WKF button(or try replacing it,) if it's loose, presses itself, or is easily accidentally hit, that'll do it. Just a guess though.

SS

Got home, checked the wiikey button, and it turns out I didn't connect the 1.9v to the middle pin. I don't know if that would of caused the problem but I went ahed and re wired the whole button and it seemed to help, but didn't fix it completely. It freezes and makes a loud noise.

Spent this week working and have a few updates.
I Wired the wii key to my gamecube. Wile working on my case I flocked it up. I tried to put in the L and R shoulders from a wii classic controller and it didn't work out to well,so I ordered new cases and I'm open to suggestions on what I should do for the shoulder buttons. I also got my battery in and built my Custom regs. I got a lot done this week and, if I'm lucky, I should have it done in three weeks.

Gamecube
717a2680927b4e415474c5a28aee93b5.jpg

Custom regs
9d5f62a9688af9af1db5b228ca9fc76c.jpg

Battery
2474c85cba4d47c2c69016a86bee5dff.jpg

Made progress with the case today.

9fe5073cfe15b5fad941757e8a31cef1.jpg

" Because all I had was pink, shut up"

I still haven't done anything else with the mobo but I can do that later. I have to Finnish the case this week because I will be going to visit my cousin next week, and I will Finnish the wiring while I'm there. Hopefully I will be done soon.

It looks very nice, keep working and updating !
If I were you, I would make a little cut of the modo. I didn't on mine but now I regret it, cause I think it's no that much complicate and it can save a lot of space !

Nice work. Where did you get the original 3ds slider caps?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. :awesome:

Monstercrunch said:
I would make a little cut of the modo. I didn't on mine but now I regret it, cause I think it's no that much complicate and it can save a lot of space !
I'm going to cut the Mobo. I already cut it once, but I hot glued the wiikey on and it made it a little too thick for me so I pulled up the wiikey and it tore off some resistors. :cry: I had to get a new mobo and still haven't cut it.

gman said:
Nice work. Where did you get the original 3ds slider caps?

I bought 3ds replacement faceplates on eBay and they come with the faceplate. In fact there permanently attached and you have to cut them out. The faceplates are expensive, I bought 2 and payed 25$, but I had to get them since I needed the case done ASAP.

More updates soon.

Ok I made more progress on the case.

03e6b918f0e98635d192cffbddb3884d.jpg

7a174e57d13a6c44964f71e51ebbd8d3.jpg

I cut my board today and have not tested it yet so idk when I'll be finished. It's taking extra time because I will be making some extra stuff, which may or may not work.

3f6e4d2f400c5654ec5f878576ad3726.jpg

Extra stuff^

Back