Gamecube controller question

Nazum

Hi everyone,

Just had a quick question. Planning on using two controller boards in my portable to make things easier. One at the front for all the buttons. And one at the back for the triggers and Z button, this way I don't have to make any brackets or hinges for the triggers. The gamecube motherboard will be sandwiched in-between them, with a screen above.

So my question is..?

Can you wire up both controllers to slot 1 on the controller board? And will they both work?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

No, you can't do that. All the buttons should be connected to the same controller. I'm not sure what you mean by making brackets or hinges. If you have the triggers and Z button in the back, can't you just run wires to the front where the controller is?

What i was going to do was epoxy the back of the controller to the back of the case. Then epoxy the front of the controller to the front of the case. I tried to run wires to the controller board before for the triggers but i couldn't get it to work. Z button is fine, thats just a tact switch. I could never get the solder to stick to the controller board, i was using flux as well.

The traces on the controller board are just copper, so the solder should stick as long as you scratch away enough of the white solder mask. If it doesn't stick, keep scratching.

Back