Gamecube Fusion!

Re: Move over NGP... Introducing the Gamecube Fusion!

Abb, it has screw posts mounted inside. I havent yet screwed it together though just in case I have any issues these first few days. This is probably the last time i'll use this method though. I've thought of somthing much better.

Beautiful work, man! This is my favorite portable. Ever. The gamecube is what I original started portablizing for a long time ago. This piece of work embodies the love for the cube. I LOVE THIS OMGOMOMGOMGWTFBBQ!

Just saw this made hack-a-day!! Wowza! Thx samjc3!

I have to post twice, that's how great this is.

Awesome portable!

Oh hey, I've actually got a real question. Is that second sd card a memory card for save games? How did you manage that.

Wow this is really a great mod! Im also wondering how you managed to run the games from SD and not the disc drive! Can you please send some links to the parts or modchips you used, because i have been wondering this for a looong time for my own mod :)

EDIT: Oh nevermind, i guess you posted this :) : http://www.wiihacks.com/wiikey-fusion/8 ... ecube.html

You sir, have just won the game.

bentomo said:

Awesome portable!

Oh hey, I've actually got a real question. Is that second sd card a memory card for save games? How did you manage that.

The second SD card is in fact connected to Slot B memory card port. It doesn't serve as a memory card though. Its known as a "SD Gecko" in the GC scene, it allows the loading of homebrew/emulators from that slot. Emu_kidid has said that in the future he may incorporate into swiss the ability to transfer/restore raw savegame dumps for those of us with built in memcards in slot A.

Ashen said:
bentomo said:

Awesome portable!

The second SD card is in fact connected to Slot B memory card port. It doesn't serve as a memory card though. Its known as a "SD Gecko" in the GC scene, it allows the loading of homebrew/emulators from that slot. Emu_kidid has said that in the future he may incorporate into swiss the ability to transfer/restore raw savegame dumps for those of us with built in memcards in slot A.
That's what I thought at first, but then I didn't see a memory card slot for B in the pictures. Where's the memory card slot?

Or is A built in?

Actually got a chance to watch the video all the way through today. Now I feel noobish :sweat:

Awesome, my news tip worked. :)

I hope this gets as much attention as it deserves!

Wow nice!! Thx guys!

Seems like alot of people like to Sega about my lack of a tripod. I'll have to remedy that before the video of the next one. I'm over the cold I had too, so hopefully that will minimize the effects of my Darth Vadar voice :oops:

Never ever ever ever ever ever read the comments for a portable on engadget.

My curiosity forces me to every time. They're very ignorant people that comment on engadget, it just makes me angry and frustrates me when I read them.

JUS BY A PSP LOL

But furreal, I didn't find anything wrong with the quality of the video, and I love this portable.

Wow... Jesus... Seriously if I thought this was gonna end up on sites outside of this little community I would have made a better video... Hehe.

At least the people commenting on IGN seem much less pricky.

Very cool. Never expected this out of my first project. :D

Thx for the link olewindmill

haha, I just came across this on ign and came here to see if anyone noticed yet. Guess so.

Congrats, Ashen. Not many folks get their work featured on ign. Its a Heck of a project you put together.

Wow, get home from my hols to this! Cant believe how good it turned out and on your first go! Nice one.

Awesome idea! I do have some concerns.

-What exactly is going to happen to the battery issue? The current one should be replaced by one that won't have to be plugged into a wall in order to be played. If the console must be plugged into a wall at all times to be played, then it isn't really portable, is it? It's almost the same as just packing up your gamecube, bringing it to a friend's house, and hooking it up there, except much less strenuous. I want to be able to play this on the toilet. Hope this battery issue is solved.

-Is it really not gonna be compatible with Gamecube discs and memory cards? I own a regular Gamecube, but am considering buying this, and it would kind of make my gamecube discs and cards go to waste. I at least hope there's a way to transfer gamecube saves to SD cards. I hope I won't have to start all over on games like Tales of Symphonia.

-Will this device be able to use save states and cheats and the like? I may not use them, but it could help for SOME people.

-When will this device officially go on sale, and how much will it cost? I'd say any price over $100 is way overkill.

Keep up the good work.

Back