Gamecube Fusion!

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
First of all I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone on the GC-FOREVER forums that helped and supported me along the way to this point. Without all of you, none of this would ever have been possible. Also a big thank you to everyone from the three major portablizing forums for your help and support! That being said, One unit is done!! I must admit, even though there have been some unforeseen "bumps in the road" getting it here. It turned out pretty Dang drool-worthy and I'm 100% happy with it.

So without further ado:

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0735.jpg

DSCN0736.jpg

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0739.jpg

Re: Move over NGP... Introducing the Gamecube Fusion!

I have to say, that is very sexy.

Very sexy indeed, probably one of the best portables I have seen, imo.

The enormity of the sexiness contained therein is really amazing. A truly excellent portable! I bequeath an A+ unto you, my good man!

I'm going to give up on the GCp I never started, now.

Simply amazing job you did here. This is probably one of the best, if not the best GC portable I've seen.

We finally have it....The Sexiest Portable In the world!!!!

EDIT: no batteries, but still lovely.

Ashen, this is amazing. I don't know what else to say, I don't even.

The Golden Era of GCPs has begun!

Greatest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Thanks everyone! It really does feel good having a portable under my belt after such a long time lurking. Video is up, It's a bit long. Enjoy!

Ashen said:
Thanks everyone! It really does feel good having a portable under my belt after such a long time lurking. Video is up, It's a bit long. Enjoy!

I looked back and found some WAY old posts from you Ashen, back before I even knew who you were. crazy.

It's Dang sexy, looks great, has features. No batteries, but this one is on the excuse list.

SS

The best gamecube handheld ever created...... PERIOD!! :mrgreen:

Man that's one sweet looking device. I bow down to your awesome skills my friend.

It's a real shame you didn't but in the batteries as you had enough space in the case as far as I can see.

I still don't like the analog sticks though. They stick out too much and make things out of proportion..... But he that's me just b*tchin on something that is already super awesome.

I gotta get my hands on one of those screens!! It looks much better than the psone screen.

zenloc said:
I gotta get my hands on one of those screens!! It looks much better than the psone screen.
I told you on Facebook, THEY ARE. GET ONE NOW!! :lol:

Ashen, :mrgreen: :cool: :D :D :) :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :dahroll: :dah: :pirate: ::3: :tophat: :sscool: :awesomepalmer: :ssawesome: :awesomemario: :awesomebeta: :awesomerobm: :awesomegrossaffe: :awesomeTW: :awesomeafro: :awesomejd: :awesomedrue: :awesomemrL: :awesomethursty: :awesomeyoshi: :demonpie: :awesomeozzy: :awesomedj: :awesomeant: :awesomeish: :awesometoast: :gentleawesome: :banstick: :bansword: :awesomebanhammer: :awesomehammer: :afro:

That's kinda my opinion.

I'll admit the biggest bummer is the battery's. The decision to leave them out was literally only made a few days ago though. I already had reservations about using them because of all the warning tags they come with. After reading Techknott's post about his little mishap put the nail in the coffin for me though. At that point it was far to late in the game for me to change things. There is more than enough room in the case for them and I could open it up and swap out the regulator and install the battery's at any time if I really wanted to. I doubt I will though, I just feel better having them separate and being able to charge them in one of those "safe" charging bags out in my garage. The next units will be redesigned to use Li-Ions, which I know carry the same warnings of Li-Po's but seem much safer because of the hard outer shell which prevents puncture and explosions....

The only other thing is the fan I ended up using is just a bit louder than I wanted. The video makes it seem louder than it really is though because for w/e reason the fan sounds louder when the unit is laying against something... like my legs in the video. Once I start a game up and turn the sound up a bit I don't even notice the fan running. I had planned to use some ATI GPU cooling fans that I had laying around which were much quieter, both fans died though. One after it was already mounted in the case.... that was fun... So I ended up using a fan from an old HP laptop.

Still lots of work to do on the second unit! I'll admit though.... I may be a bit distracted the next few days. This is only the beginning of the awesome GC portables you will see in the next few months I'm sure. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!!

Wow, that's the most beautiful GC portable i have ever seen. Great job.

This is a mixture of joy, sadness, and win. It just looks great, I want to make one of my own now, but the wingman still needs to be finished, this summer, that's what I'm doing.

This is my statement! TIME FOR WORK! :awesome:

I saw the first picture and I was like "Oh, that's pretty small." Then I saw the thickness shot and I was like "HOLY flax THAT'S THIN!". Seriously, very nice portable. Small, neat features and looks great.

That is amazing. I can't wait to see what you do next! :awesome:

Absolutely phenomenal GCp! Too bad about the batteries though.

Tchay said:
The Golden Era of GCPs has begun!

That is so true.

Extremely clean and good-looking for a first-time portable.
Love it!

BTW, how did you get the case halves to stay together?
Can't see any screws...

Back