Fusion Micro(s) ~ Worklog

Re: Fusion Micro ~ Worklog

Good call SS. I think a list should be made. Maybe just a new thread that someone with admin/mod powers could keep the first post updated with peoples notes? If we can compile a list of games that this really effects the game play of, we can then weigh our options when building our GCp's and see if its really worth the extra space to include the pots.

Found a nice fan for what I want to do with this project:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &hlp=false

I'll mount that on my trimmed stock GC heatsink to suck the air out of the case and away from the heatsink. They are 5v fans so I think it should work nicely and quietly running them both @ 3.3v, and it wont be too much fan sticking out the back. :D

Got my new tiny fan combo today. Its actually a lot smaller than I expected. I'll do some tests later to see if its going to keep things cool enough. if it does, it will be perfect for the application.

IMG_0377.jpg

Progress when I make some. I'm still waiting for my cases to come. Busy in xbox land atm.

Cases came today. After some more evaluation and wanting to not have half the case made out of epoxy and bondo I've decided to make a mold for the back half of the case and vac form it, then kind of half franken-case it together. Should prove interesting trying to cram everything into this biatch. Things look like they'll work out in the end though. Still waiting on a few small components to arrive from DX. Apparently they shipped some of the stuff separate.

2111d16a.jpg

Ashen you're a hacker and you're probably going to end up being the zenloc of gamecubes.

nukear said:
bentomo said:
Ashen you're a hacker and you're probably going to end up being the zenloc of gamecubes.
Probably? :awesome:
Ashen and Zenloc are definitely on the same indescribable level of epic, not gonna lie.

I'm liking the vac forming idea.

SS

this is by far the smallest portable gamecube out there to my knowledge. Can't wait to see it. Ftw I had no idea GC mobo's could get that small. :awesome:

wolborg said:
this is by far the smallest portable gamecube out there to my knowledge. Can't wait to see it. Ftw I had no idea GC mobo's could get that small. :awesome:
One of the smallest. :trollface:

Also, notice:
2111d16a.jpg

Why does the screen part say "ass"?Anyways back on topic, hope that vac-form thing works out for you, that sounds.....Interesting. :p

Pretty sure that's "pass" Ya know, as in passed quality control or whatever guidelines they have to follow.

Back