Full FC 16 Go Wiring Diagram for a Portable

ToastBucket

tost
It's big so I'll just link to it.

gou.png

http://img30.yfrog.com/img30/1909/gou.png

This uses this PCB, http://www.batteryspace.com/pcbfor37vli ... limit.aspx , and this battery, http://www.batteryspace.com/highpowerpo ... arate.aspx .

Power for the wireless controller is not included because I'm not sure if it will run off 3.7v. I will test this soon.

AND NOW FOR ANOTHER ONE!

This next one is not complete yet, but it uses Samjc3's powerboard consisting of a 7805 and an L3DD. It is good for a portable that has an intial power source higher than 6v. It just uses an SPST switch but it can be adapted to use the Play and Charge in the previous diagram. I also added a nice lavender background so it wouldn't strain your eyes.
au9.png

I haven't seen the powerboard yet so I just drew some circles. The input on the left of the powerboard is where the 6v comes from the batteries and the two circles on the right are outputs; top is 5v and bottom is 3.3v. This will be updated to be more precise when I get the powerboard Samjc3 so graciously sent me. <3. There is no power going into the audio amp on this because audio amps take different voltages etc. You have to find out how much voltage your amp takes then choose between the three voltages you have (6, 5, and 3) or convert to whatever voltage you need.

controllers are simple. just bypass the RF boards, and the data lines back to the connector on the left. controller runs happily on 3.3 volts.

What about 3.7? because thats the voltage of the battery. Also, there is controller info. The blue and green wires I drew are labeled corresponding with the labels that are on the controller.

ToastBucket said:
What about 3.7? because thats the voltage of the battery. Also, there is controller info. The blue and green wires I drew are labeled corresponding with the labels that are on the controller.
that will work just fine. AAA's arent very close to their voltage, so things that use em usually accept within about 2 volts of spec. (in my experience)

Looking back at this I feel like my wiring diagrams seem so kid-friendly. ::3: With all the soft edges and bright colors and whatnot.

I went ahead and edited your first post so that the picture does actually display when you look at the thread. This is because I think, from an educational point of view, it's ok to have a large picture like this - if I'm looking for information, I want the least amount of clicks possible.

Nice diagram, thanks!

No I didn't do this just because Beta stole my thunder. The megastickies WERE his idea, after all.

on mine, i just used an SPST switch on the positive line right after the charge protection circuit. no need for silly DPCO's.

DPDT is how this is wired up. And DPTT has a center off. Double Pull Triple Throw, meaning it has 3 positions. Anyway, this uses an adaptation of SS's Play and Charge switch diagram for N64. In the OFF position (left on the diagram), The system will be off unless the AC adapter is plugged in. The batteries can charge at any time the switch is in this position. Even when the AC adapter is in. When the switch is in the ON position (right on the diagram), it will play off battery power and battery power only. This protects the batteries from being charged while they are being used as this decreases the lifespan of the battery.

i just wired the charge jack before the switch. the fc-16 draws little enough that you can charge and play, so it works fine. and you can still charge while its off. all these silly switch shenanigans.

Back