Forum Suggestion Box

Joe

I've seen that this forum is still in the making so I'm just putting in some ideas to hopefully try and help you guys so you can see what we all want and this forum needs.

Just a couple of ideas I've got so far:

*Topic preview (When you hover over the link and it shows the first sentence of that topic)
*Topic icons, Such as the consoles and q&a related
*MOAR SMILIES!!
*A URL icon or whatever it's called (The little picture that's on the left of the address bar in firefox)

What do you think?

one thing this forum really needs is a computer forum, so f47 doesnt get clogged with computer questions. ;)

samjc3 said:
one thing this forum really needs is a computer forum, so f47 doesnt get clogged with computer questions. ;)

:lol: 1+

I was just thinking of that while going through the forum index, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Joe said:
samjc3 said:

I was just thinking of that while going through the forum index, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
but we enjoy it in here! there is room for all three of us! let us stay! :neutral2:

samjc3 said:
Joe said:
samjc3 said:

but we enjoy it in here! there is room for all three of us! let us stay! :neutral2:

I think a computer forum is a good idea.

Cover computer modding and programming and all that jazz in one forum.

Also, we need one of those "story one sentance at a time" threads.

XCVG said:
Cover computer modding and programming and all that jazz in one forum.

Also, we need one of those "story one sentance at a time" threads.

Make a one word story thread then as they get very funny by the time someone puts it together!

I think we should have a game section. Just for us to discuss upcoming and released games, not systems.

PS: Can someone please change the description of Casing from plans to planes. It's been annoying me all week!

bacteria said:
DJ711 - sure, a PC gaming section is fine. Let's see if ShockSlayer and PalmerTech like the idea too - if they don't reply in the next couple of days here I will make "an executive decision". ;)

"change the description of Casing from plans to planes" - can't see this - screen pic of what you mean please?

Joe - normally the one-word story posts (forum47) get locked after a while!
"because if it didn't cameras wouldn't be allowed on plans"

I meant for all systems but PC works just fine! :mrgreen:

Oh and Bacteria do you still make any of those N64 case kits?

reviews.modretro.com...do I need to say more?

Ok, I guess I will. We can request 5 games a week to be reviewed. ONCE A WEEK, a member can post a review. We can rival IGN :godot:

J.D said:

Ok, I guess I will. We can request 5 games a week to be reviewed. ONCE A WEEK, a member can post a review. We can rival IGN :godot:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
could be awesome. ;)

J.D said:

...if we wait many years to get enough reviews.

Basement_Modder said:
J.D said:

...if we wait many years to get enough reviews.
This is how it will work. A mod can make a poll with a selection of 15 games that will last for 24 hours (aprx). The top 5 of that week can be reviewed. There can be a place on the website where you submit your document of your review. A mod will review it, so the review of Brain Age Academy won't be "diz game suks bawls". The document will be copied onto HTML, so we don't have to open it with Microsoft Word or the sort. At the end of the week, the reviews will be posted. The process repeats...then we run out of bandwidth and memory...then we purchase more of those things...

TRUST ME IT WILL WORK ;)

I dunno, I think that may be a little much. We don't want too many forums so related in nature as they may water-down our forums. May be best to leave it as is.

The junkyard sub-forums would be a great idea, Much neater.

Computing and gaming is good too, Fits the two subjects in to one forum and that would mean that forum 47 would be much more for general chatter rather than lots of questions.

:mrgreen:

Joe said:

Computing and gaming is good too, Fits the two subjects in to one forum and that would mean that forum 47 would be much more for general chatter rather than lots of questions.

I wouldn't smoosh those two together. For the computer forums it should just be about computers. General gaming can go in F42 or the individual console sections.

Also, there isn't enough members to bother doing that in the junkyard.

XCVG said:
Joe said:

I wouldn't smoosh those two together. For the computer forums it should just be about computers. General gaming can go in F42 or the individual console sections.

Also, there isn't enough members to bother doing that in the junkyard.

I think they means computer gaming as in on a PC, Console gaming related topics can of course go in the relevant console forum.

And you got to be prepared for if this forum does take off, Making the forums neat and tidy is a good thing no matter how many members. Think of it as "There's no point tidying the house as no one is coming round." however anyone could come round at any point and people don't like going in to dirty untidy houses.

Keeping everything filed and in it's right topic should make everything easy to find and should cut down on noobs :p

Back