Fix playstation 2 Fuses?

exp0wnster

I was playing my playstation 2 ( slim v16 or 7900 NTSC) last night and then went to bed. When I woke up, it wouldn't turn on. The reset board LED was blank. Upon noticing that the reset board cable pin's fell off, I replaced it with my own soldering. However, it still is in the same situation. I did a little research and I am now leaning towards broken fuses as seen here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f110/map-va ... ons-64295/

I don't know where the all the fuses on my board are though, as that diagram is for a different version Ps2. When I find one, how do I use my multimeter to tell if it is broken or not?

Has anybody run into the same type of problem?

THANKS

I dont know about locations but just put one end of the multi meter on each side of the fuse and if they're not making a connection the fuse is shot and you need to either bridge or replace it.

Check the power supply and see if its providing power. Might as well start with the basics.

Power supply works. For the fuses though, I'm getting a weird reading. If I put my leads on the top-ish part of each side of the fuse, it usually connects; however, if I put the leads on the sides of the fuses, it sometimes reads no connection. I'm not sure which reading to take. Any suggestions?

Back