Drawing power from batteries?

AfroLH

Frequent Poster
I kinda feel embarrassed to ask this, but...

How do I get the console and the screen to run off of the same set of batteries?

:dah: I feel stupid for asking this... :cry4:

Re: Very n00bish Question...

:cry4: :cry4: :cry4: :cry4:
C'mon man...

I understand how to do it on a PSone screen.
But the screen I am gonna be getting isn't a PSone screen.

Or is it just the same thing?
Once again... :cry4: :cry4: :cry4:

It's like...

There are these red ones, m'kay?
With the positives 'n' the like.
They all hang out together over there, at least all the ones with the same levels 'n' them voltage thangs.

And all the blacks, what with their negatives and stuff, they all be hangin out together over thar...

I understand Positives and Negatives.
I'm not completely braindead...

Look man, it's 2 in the morning, and I'm not really thinking straight...

You put positive on your battery to voltage in on your system. Wait, you're doing the Dreamcast, aren't you. I think you need a picoPSU or something to power those, because the run off of odd voltages?

eurddrue said:
You put positive on your battery to voltage in on your system. Wait, you're doing the Dreamcast, aren't you. I think you need a picoPSU or something to power those, because the run off of odd voltages?

Well the picoPSU was used to decrease the size.
I am using the original Dreamcast PSU to save time.

since the screen runs off 12 volts, you'll either need 12v batteries or regulators er sumptin like that. and on the power board for the screen, there will be many things. most of them can go bye-bye, once you find where the board outputs 12v to the screen and the backlight. then you just hook your batteries up there, and to the power 'place' on the DC, and youre good to go! :dah:

powerdiagram.png

Well the reason I asked was because the dreamcast requires three different voltages.
And all the battery diagrams I have seen for the Dreamcast require Cellphone Batteries and AAs.

So I have another question...

Can I use Li-Po batteries to power the dreamcast?

AfroLH said:
Well the reason I asked was because the dreamcast requires three different voltages.
And all the battery diagrams I have seen for the Dreamcast require Cellphone Batteries and AAs.

So I have another question...

Can I use Li-Po batteries to power the dreamcast?
yes. im going to assume, that the voltages you need are: 12v, 7.5v, and 3.7 v.
if that is so, just get a battery like this one. then use a 7808 to get 7.4 volts, and another one, (dont know the number) to get 3.7 volts.

wire it like this:
power%20diagram..jpg

eurddrue said:
You could use nicad for all we care.
Well the problem was that all the DC diagrams show Cell Phone Batteries so I needed to know if I needed those batteries for it to run.
samjc3 said:
if that is so, just get a battery like this one. then use a 7808 to get 7.4 volts, and another one, (dont know the number) to get 3.7 volts.

wire it like this:

Thanks!
Dude, you have helped me a lot with this project!

AfroLH said:
samjc3 said:

wire it like this:

Thanks!
'welcome :tophat:

was i right about the voltages?

samjc3 said:
AfroLH said:
samjc3 said:

wire it like this:

Thanks!

Yep!

Now I just need to find a regulator to Output 3.7V

AfroLH said:
samjc3 said:
AfroLH said:
samjc3 said:

wire it like this:

Thanks!

Yep!

Now I just need to find a regulator to Output 3.7V
well, a 7805 drops it to 5v, so it will be lower than that. maybe a 7802 or a 7803?

Back