Custom Gamecube Regulator!! Wiikey Fusion/WODE compatible!!!

Re: Custom Gamecube Regulator!! Wiikey Fusion/WODE compatibl

I just bought a bunch of parts yesterday, would anyone be interested in a tutorial video for wiring these up? I mean, I can if anyone wants me to.

SS

Sure, vidyas are always nice. ::3:

It's always nice to have a little guide to follow. :D

Thought real hard about it and decided that if you can't follow a still picture, a video isn't going to help you. And setting up a camera and getting it to focus properly on tiny moving components ain't gonna happen. :dah:

I'll take some pictures probably.

SS

Whatever. Just make something.

PICS!
Nothing special really, still, might be nice to see these actually wired up. The resistors are the lower voltages, ie, 3.3v instead of 3.43, and, what, 1.7v? Whatever 902 1Ohms gets.

19v.jpg

"1.9v"

33v.jpg

"3.43v"

5v.jpg

5v(for fan, audio amp, memcards, whatever else) Same as "3.43v" wiring really, but with one resistor instead of two.

The only reason I used axial lead caps is because stupid radioshack was out of the other kind. :dah: Also I prefer to keep the filtering cap on the 1.9v line.

SS

SS whered you get your resistors?

It's hard to link you to the place I physically travel to in a car, and pay a breathing human with actual money. :p

Like, any ratshack with a parts bin should have them.

SS

I just got a "500 Piece Resistor Assortment".
Imma konbine 270 ohms with 680 ohms to get 900 ohms. Is that close enough to 902?

being the semi-noob i am, i'm trying to put together a regulator to bring my battery from 12v to 7.4-8v for the PSOne screen. parts wise i have an lm317t from radioshack, some 470 ohm and 220 ohm resistors, a 10 kOhm pot, and an assortment of caps. Can i get the idiot proof rundown of wiring this thing together? I only need it for the screen, as the rest of the system will be running on the 12v batteries i'm getting from batteries plus.

SonyQrio said:
I'm having some trouble getting this to work.

I wired the leads coming from the capacitors on the bottom of my board to my custom reg, which is a follows:

3.3v - PTH08080W (1.85k ohm) outputting 3.42v (no load)
1.9v - PTH08100W (903 ohm) outputting 1.9v (no load)

Each voltage drops when I flip the GC on, and I assume that that is normal.
** SNIPPED **

Since there is no "Thank" button on these forums, I'll spend my first post on this.

I'm working on my first portable console, a Gamecube (yes, I know, poor choice bluh bluh), and I haven't been able to get it to turn on since I removed the ports and tried soldering the regulator board directly to the motherboard. And I had been trying for several weeks.

Apparently, I had accidentally broken off two VERY TINY little things nearby. I had no idea what to do, then I was just browsing here, disheartened, thinking I'd need to buy a new board.

Then I saw the photo SonyQrio posted. I decided that if the board was ruined anyway, I might as well try bypassing all that stuff and send the power directly where it was needed.

IT WORKED. Nowhere else had I found this info, and I've been researching for almost two months for this project.

THANK. YOU. SONYQRIO. Might only be a US$20 part, but I still owe ya. :mrgreen:

Perhaps a link to the post should be added to the troubleshooting FAQ?

If I add a 220 ohm Resistor, 680 ohm Resistor and a 3 ohm Resistor than will it be 903 kohm? And will it be usable for the PTR08100W Regulator?

Yes if you wire them in series, measure the impedance when you've wired them before connecting to the ptr, it may vary from those written on the resistors that's all

Back