Computer Fan

Discussion in 'Computer/Laptop' started by bentendo64, Nov 4, 2014.

1. bentendo64

bentendo64 Active Member

As the title says, I am building a computer fan. Nothing new or exciting, just parts I have laying around. I had previously attempted this with an old socket A mobo, but having it inside this case made it ustable and I was unable to install an OS.

Recently, I aquired a Pentium 4 system with a motherboard that seemed a bit small... Small enough to fit in The Computer Fan Case. So I put it in there, and here it is.

[​IMG]

The terrrible cpu cooler in sight. Really, it idles above 50c.

[​IMG]

Full frontal non-nude.

[​IMG]

The back and all the connectors.

What I'm planning on doing next:
    -Take out video card (Radeon HD 5450 512mb). I don't really need that when the cpu is a 3.4 GHz HT P4.
    -Install a power supply in the lower part of the case previousley blocked by the video card. This is more worth it this time around because now the mobo has a 24-pin main power connector plus a 4-pin cpu power connector. The old motherboard just had a single 20-pin connector and I made a fancy extender with some hard drive power connectors to reach inside the case.
    -Install Debian. No reason to have Windows because the cpu isn't powerful enough to play Just Cause 2 MultiPlayer (20-30fps, not very smoothly). Also thinking about installing Puppy Linux. Prolly just use it as a minecraft server.

2. XCVG

XCVG ModRetro Legend

I love the stand it's sitting on :dahroll:

3. bentendo64

bentendo64 Active Member

Haha, It's just the case, though. I have a motherboard, but no cpu. Perhaps that will be used for my next computer re-encasement. :D

Also, tomorrow I may have have the power supply for this thing so I can actually use it.

4. bentendo64

bentendo64 Active Member

So it's done and it looks the same as it did before.
    [​IMG]

Well, mostly. You can see where the power supply has bee screwed on. It's a dirt cheap 500W thing and it's kinda scary. The ground wire (That I soldered freshly a few minutes before) broke off when I put the case together. I don't like to touch it when it's plugged in.

[​IMG]

Woo! Life!

[​IMG]

Also, I noticed something about the Powermac G4 case I got last month and the keyboard I've had for years.

[​IMG]

I will try to get some pictures from when I first built this thing like three years ago. I think they're more interesting than these.

5. bentendo64

bentendo64 Active Member

The old thing!
    The new and almost untouched case.
    [​IMG]

Yeah, messy room and the Radeon 7200 installed!

[​IMG]

I made this cable especially for it so I could use an external power supply.

[​IMG]

Sexy.

[​IMG]

Mmmmmm.

[​IMG]

I discovered that at some point, I broke some traces. No need to fear! (perhaps that's where my issues with this motherboard came from)

[​IMG]

Classic room shot.

[​IMG]

Man, those were the days....