Commission for Gamma344

bud

DAT ASS
Just finished the JB, so now I can get started on this. Spent a few hours today and this is what I've got so far.
Uaybpl.jpg

Using an official controller with the upgraded analog stick:
oBqvNl.jpg

The cart slot hole is rough right now, it'll look a lot better soon:
CEIqKl.jpg

Motherboard:
JL24Nl.jpg

I cut all the holes so far with my dremel and then used sandpaper to make them look better.
This portable will be pretty simple overall. Dunno if I should name it. 64Advance? 64Boy Advance? Those are probably taken, and I'm too lazy to search.

A PSP 1000 cap most likely. They fit pretty well once you slim the head of the tact a bit.

I believe I've seen this case before, and it's not smaller than the TSF. But it doesn't matter, this case looks really good and it's a commission anyway.

What all is being stuffed into this one, Bud?

Here's the list so far:
4.3 inch screen
OEM Controller
Grey buttons to match the look of the GBA
Expansion Pak
5000mah li-pos
Lm386 so I can use the part of the case that looks like a speaker grill.
4-way tact for the C buttons

Yup, its cheap, simple, and sounds great. Plus I get to keep the look of the original GBA

Is there any way to hack up the fake shoulder buttons to use them properly, or are you doing something different? Also, where did you get that case? I've been looking for one a lot...

XcTqGl.jpg

Board has been cut, heat sunk, rewired, and cart slot mounted.
That heat sink is three layers of metal including the heat blocks with thermal compound between each layer. Then screwed and JB welded down. Overheating? Never.

Left that board running for 12+ hours with an expansion pak in. No crashing :awesome: it wasn't too awfully hot either.

where do you get those 4-way tacts? do they allow for simultaneous presses of 2 positions( up+right or down+left etc.)?

Back