cheapest Pay as you go service?

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by TacoSlayer, Feb 2, 2014.

1. TacoSlayer

TacoSlayer Active Member

Hi I'm about to get an galaxy s3 and unlock it. Does anyone know cheapest phone provider and service
    I live in GA Edit any porviders with a prepaid sim cards that work with an s3 would also do

2. grossaffe

grossaffe President Groosevelt Staff Member

I dunno, maybe Ting?

3. vskid3

vskid3 Well-Known Member

Do you already have a specific S3 picked out? If so, what carrier?

3 of the cheapest services I know of if you want data are Republic Wireless, Ting, and T-Mobile's $30 prepaid 100 min, unlimited text and data (what I personally use). Republic requires you to buy their phone (at least when I last checked), but its not priced too bad. It tries to use wifi as much as possible to reduce costs. Runs off Sprint's network. Ting uses a tiered plan that charges you based on your usage, can be great if you don't use much or have multiple phones on the same plan. You can bring most Sprint phones and it uses the Sprint network. T-Mobile lets you bring your own compatible phone, but to get that plan you have to do a new activation which requires buying a $10 SIM kit from their site. Uses T-Mobile's network, obviously.

All 3 are good providers. It'll come down to which one fits your usage best and has good coverage in your area. Sprint has terrible coverage where I live, so that ruled out Republic and Ting for me. There may be other options now, but when I switched from Verizon a few months ago, these were the best I found.

4. TacoSlayer

TacoSlayer Active Member

thanks
    no I don't have specific S3 chosen yet I was planning to get on off ebay....

5. vskid3

vskid3 Well-Known Member

Ok, I would look at those 3 options and see if there's one that works for you, then go from there. None of them really have a huge advantage over the others, mainly comes down to how good the coverage is in your area and your usage.

6. TacoSlayer

TacoSlayer Active Member

ok thanks