Case idea good or bad ?

Hi I am new to this forum and forums in general so let me know if Im not using correct forum etiquette. I have an idea for a cheap case for a portable and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it could work or if its a stupid idea. I was wondering if I could make a case out of legos. It seems like it would be a good idea because I could build the case in the exact size and shape I need it in, then glue all the pieces together in two halves and then glue the two halves together. I could then also sand it to get rid of all the bumpy things that stick out. I think it could work but then again what do I know.

lol I love the idea, but I think Legos would be a bit thick and make for a bulky case. But I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work-- just I highly recommend plastic cement for that since it welds plastic like nothing else.

I'm not too experienced, so hopefully someone else can give some input too :awesome:

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I just got some plastic cement hopefully the legos will work as a case but then again if it is too bulky I didn't have to buy any thing so the only thing wasted was time.

Legos aren't exactly cheap. Have you looked into tupperware, rubbermaid, or other small storage boxes? Getting the shape you want at this scale would probably be more difficult than you think, unless you plan on sanding and bondo'ing it to the exact shape.

well I already have legos and due to monetary issues I am currently living with my mother, I have no Tupperware and if I were to use hers she would not be happy. but if u don't think I can pull it off with legos then ill find something else just in case, but I would at least like to give the legos a try because if I succeed it adds a bit of uniqueness to my project. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, it is much appreciated.

I would recommend not using your lego as a case.
If you insist upon doing so, use them in combination with bricklink or something to raise money for better options.

Unless you have a ton of the frustrating stud-height things that you're working with, I can't see it working very well for a case.

Back