Carlifirio's GCp Worklog

Discussion in 'Gamecube' started by carlifirio, Jun 6, 2013.

1. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

I was currently in process of making a GCp but I decided to start again and so here it goes.

Specs:
    -ZN case (big one)
    -integrated memcard
    -integrated controller
    -Rev C untrimmed
    -2nd controller port
    -Video Out
    -4.3 screen
    -Don't know if batteries or power cord
    -For now an original Disc Drive (I already had it)

As you can see I am trying to keep this as simple as possible but well made.

I'll leave you with the memcard and the controller which I soldered and a DD which SS soldered (Thanks SS!)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

As of right now I'm waiting for nuke's motherboard (Thanks nuke)

3. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

UPDATE:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    As you can see that was the second player port

There will be no more updates until I receive the Rev C board
    (Only a few days :) )

4. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

Hey guys got the board and soldered the controller and port in. Thing is it isn't displaying video or sound. The light does turn on and stays on , the controller pins are giving the correct output amd the heatsink is getting hot like its supposed to. So any help would be much appreciated

5. Monstercrunch

Monstercrunch Active Member

Just check your soldering with a multimeter, maybe there is a shortcut somewhere :confused: We can't find where is the problem just by saying "there is no video and sound", some pictures could help ;)
    Does the cd drive works ? Are you using a tv or a car screen ?

6. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

TV screen, already tested it and removed all the stuff I had and still nothing

7. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

Will post pictures when it works. But I guess if the lights turning on theres no short. I'm talking with Tchay about the video issue.

8. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

I dont know what is happening I tested the video output with the multimeter and its giving out 0.7 volts which is the normal video output for most devices

Help :cry:

9. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

OK guys, Im really sure there isn't a short anywhere but, what I did find was that the 1.9 volt line in my rev c was balancing between 1.79 volts and 1.84 volts but never quite reached 1.9.... could that be the cause of this problem....?

10. public-pervert

public-pervert Well-Known Member

Post pictures of what you've made, otherwise will be hard to help you.

11. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

ok wait a sec

12. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

13. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

I admit some ports are pretty ugly, but thats because I heated them with a desoldering iron before ripping them off, but no shorts trust me, I tested them

14. Monstercrunch

Monstercrunch Active Member

Maybe it comes from the cd drive ? I can't help you with my little knowledge :(

15. public-pervert

Is the main chips getting hot? Are you powering it off batteries or wall power adapter?

16. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

wall the chips are getting hot

17. public-pervert

You didn't modded the motherboard too much. Check if you're getting 3.3v properly.

18. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

will do as soon as possible again thanks

19. Tchay

Tchay Frequent Poster

Yes definitely check your voltage lines see if anything is shorting and then check your composite video line and make sure your TV source works on another gamecube.

Sometimes badly wired disc drives or wiikey fusions can cause the bios to black screen but this doesn't mean your cube is fried, just that some wires are bridging.

20. carlifirio

carlifirio Active Member

Thanks Tchay, and also will test it as soon as I get another power adapter, since I dont have mine anymore.

But I think I was getting 3.4v from the controller port so I dont thing that would've been the problem.

If anyone has any it'd be awesome if you could send to me or maybe trade... Thanks guys.