Can I put 14.8 volts into the Gamecube's power board?

kylechu

Well, my laptop battery from a broken laptop is 14.8 volts, and I was wondering if that would hurt the gamecube power board. If it will, what will bring it down to 12 volts?

I think 14.8V is fine, but I'm not sure since I've never built a GCp. SS probably knows, talk to him.

XCVG said:
I think 14.8V is fine, but I'm not sure since I've never built a GCp. SS probably knows, talk to him.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!
The input voltage is connected DIRECTLY to the 12v line. You will kill it! :gonk:

brucemendes said:
Hi..
U can not use 14.8 volt direct line because it is a direct current and it may be damage your laptop.So, charge your laptop charger is required.
Would an admin please delete this spambot? It's starting to annoy me.

eurddrue said:
brucemendes said:
Hi..
U can not use 14.8 volt direct line because it is a direct current and it may be damage your laptop.So, charge your laptop charger is required.
Would an admin please delete this spambot? It's starting to annoy me.
But it's so adowable!

Look, just because you put an effort into spamming doesn't make you a real member.

As for the original question, yes.

Im going to use a 14,8 10,000mAh volt battery for my GCp :D

Kasar said that the powerboard has handled up to 18 V

bacteria said:
I read somewhere recently that 7.4v (as I use) runs the disk drive slightly slower but not noticeably, 14.8v runs the system fine but the disk drive runs a bit fast - should be ok but you might get read errors with the disc. Other issue of course is heat; 7.4v runs cooler than 12v and naturally if you use 14.8v, it will make your system even hotter to run. The TI cards are fine to run with up to 18v maximum input (according to the TI datasheet). Measure the voltage from your battery after charge to check it doesn't exceed that.

The only problem is that the power board needs at least 10V to run. :rolleyes:

XCVG said:
bacteria said:
I read somewhere recently that 7.4v (as I use) runs the disk drive slightly slower but not noticeably, 14.8v runs the system fine but the disk drive runs a bit fast - should be ok but you might get read errors with the disc. Other issue of course is heat; 7.4v runs cooler than 12v and naturally if you use 14.8v, it will make your system even hotter to run. The TI cards are fine to run with up to 18v maximum input (according to the TI datasheet). Measure the voltage from your battery after charge to check it doesn't exceed that.

The only problem is that the power board needs at least 10V to run. :rolleyes:
The power board does, but not if you made your own power board, at least according to zenloc.

Back