Buyers Policy Discussion

Kickback

Teen Idle
Staff member
6BlSK39.png

AeyGFVl.png

eUP3Xtq.png

Before buying anything expensive off this guy, read his policies as he details in chat and then decide for yourself, you might want to change your mind.

Re: BEWARE WHEN BUYING FROM MEGALOMANIAC

Eh, I'm not sure at all who or why is so butthurt over something Mega did over here. But he's ALWAYS been upfront about his policies. He's a well respected member of the GC-Forever community and I will vouch that he's a pretty stand up guy. You can't expect the seller to assume responsibility ALL the time, especially when you're talking about hundreds of packages being shipped. Especially when there is little profit being made after 100's of hours of work and he's likely already selling his flax at a loss.

This thread is super unwarranted IMO and should disappear as quickly as humanly possible. If someone here is butthurt over something that happened. Work it out in PM's.

^
Pretty much.
Just as it is anywhere else, if you agree to something that you haven't read, it's your own Dang problem when it bites you in the ass.

Ashen said:
Eh, I'm not sure at all who or why is so butthurt over something Mega did over here. But he's ALWAYS been upfront about his policies. He's a well respected member of the GC-Forever community and I will vouch that he's a pretty stand up guy. You can't expect the seller to assume responsibility ALL the time, especially when you're talking about hundreds of packages being shipped. Especially when there is little profit being made after 100's of hours of work and he's likely already selling his flax at a loss.

This thread is super unwarranted IMO and should disappear as quickly as humanly possible. If someone here is butthurt over something that happened. Work it out in PM's.

I've been here for a while and seen the flaxstorms that arise when items get lost or people get scammed, actually lead to a member telling me he was seriously depressed and considering suicide because of how everyone turned on him (no joke, honestly).

Maybe mega has sold well in the past, i'm not a member of GC-forever so I don't know, but reading that, it just sounds like something that needed to get out.

And that's why he puts it up front like he does.

His policies are stated up front, no bullflax involved. If you have problems with them, here's an idea DON'T BUY FROM HIM but going on a tirade against someone who had done nothing but help this community is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing retarded, makes everyone involved look stupid for no reason.

Yeah Tchay I get it, you had some issues with international shipping, I remember all the details. You also did a lot of retarded stuff to begin with, too. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't make what you think the law.

Mega's a stand-up, helpful guy that's done a lot for this community, he's passionate about what he does and I can guarantee you if something he shipped got lost he'd do everything he can to help the person affected. So if anyone thinks they can get away with slandering this great mother*Can'tSayThisOnTV*er you can bet I'll be digging up every last piece I can find on your sorry ass and letting everyone know about it.

SS

I understand you wanting to protect people from potential scams Kickback. I'm not attacking you in any way, just trying to clear up any misunderstanding before a flaxstorm arises.

Megalomaniac has been an upstanding and contributing member of both GC-Forever AND ModRetro for some time now. As I said previously, I'll confirm that he's not here to scam or ripoff anyone. He's put countless hours and invested his own cash into R&D, design and testing not for himself, but to help these community('s) and make peoples lives easier. Its easy to take things out of context on a forum, or in a chatroom. Mega is known to have the same attitude as most of us do around here. Which is take no bullflax and hold no punches. You can see his original for sale thread here, and you can see plainly that he puts everything in black and white for people, and nothing is in fine print whatsoever:

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... =18&t=1235

You guys are actually right, I made this thread without even bothering to do too much fact-checking or anything.

I'm gonna leave this up so megalomaniac can defend himself if need be.

ShockSlayer said:
His policies are stated up front, no bullflax involved. If you have problems with them, here's an idea DON'T BUY FROM HIM but going on a tirade against someone who had done nothing but help this community is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing retarded, makes everyone involved look stupid for no reason.

Yeah Tchay I get it, you had some issues with international shipping, I remember all the details. You also did a lot of retarded stuff to begin with, too. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't make what you think the law.

Mega's a stand-up, helpful guy that's done a lot for this community, he's passionate about what he does and I can guarantee you if something he shipped got lost he'd do everything he can to help the person affected. So if anyone thinks they can get away with slandering this great mother*Can'tSayThisOnTV*er you can bet I'll be digging up every last piece I can find on your sorry ass and letting everyone know about it.

SS

Shockslayer, after meeting you in person and having, what I thought to be, a fun time, I'm very surprised at how quick you are to start insulting and getting....not so friendly. Nothing I have shown is slander since they are chat logs. And I don't know what you think I did regarding Envision shipping that was "retarded" but we can discuss that privately if you really want to.

Also, I did not want this to be public, at least not yet. I was simply presenting it to the staff as an FYI. The policy and attitude megalomaniac had, stood out to me, personally, which is why I presented it to our staff. That was all I did. I did not want to go and ruin anyone's reputation publicly, and I had not yet settled on any course of action regarding this chat session.

It was all just an FYI to the staff, for future consideration.

Re: Disregard This Thread (Buyers Policy Discussion)

They are not full chatlogs, they are screenshots, so who knows what you could be leaving out. I'm not prompting you to go and retrieve the full logs though, that's beside the point now.

Like I said I saw both threads at the same time and I assumed that you posted this one as well, so that's my fault...but my message to you is the same regardless, as the content of the original post here still reflects the other thread, albeit without your additional language.

We are friends. Being friends does not mean you get to go around saying asinine things about valued and respected members and get off scot free. I hold you to the same standard you hold me to. That's what makes us friends. I wouldn't give you a second thought otherwise.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
They are not full chatlogs, they are screenshots, so who knows what you could be leaving out. I'm not prompting you to go and retrieve the full logs though, that's beside the point now.

Like I said I saw both threads at the same time and I assumed that you posted this one as well, so that's my fault...but my message to you is the same regardless, as the content of the original post here still reflects the other thread, albeit without your additional language.

We are friends. Being friends does not mean you get to go around saying asinine things about valued and respected members and get off scot free. I hold you to the same standard you hold me to. That's what makes us friends. I wouldn't give you a second thought otherwise.

SS

Everything I said and showed in the private forum was in regard to the logs I showed. I obviously presented my opinion, and then showed it to all of you. I fail to see how any of that is asinine. Maybe you disagree? That's fine. But I don't think that justifies the way you are blowing up and getting angry about all of this. :/

Let me clarify.

I think your opinion is asinine.

Your opinion is basically "I think (helpful awesome dude) is (an absolute asshole) because (I don't like his shipping policies)" and YOU MEAN IT.

That doesn't ring well with me and clearly others. I react accordingly!

You posted it on the internet, someone else made it public. Not my problem! It doesn't make it any less asinine it just makes it public.

Your best course of action is to say "Well flax, my B" apologize and move on. Otherwise you can bet everyone with autobooting wiikeys is going to look at you with an eyebrow raised thinking to themselves "What the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is wrong with Tchay?"

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Let me clarify.

I think your opinion is asinine.

Your opinion is basically "I think (helpful awesome dude) is (an absolute asshole) because (I don't like his shipping policies)" and YOU MEAN IT.

That doesn't ring well with me and clearly others. I react accordingly!

You posted it on the internet, someone else made it public. Not my problem! It doesn't make it any less asinine it just makes it public.

Your best course of action is to say "Well flax, my B" apologize and move on. Otherwise you can bet everyone with autobooting wiikeys is going to look at you with an eyebrow raised thinking to themselves "What the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is wrong with Tchay?"
SS

Actually my best course of action is to stop arguing with you. It never goes anywhere. I'm not going to lock this, because Megalomaniac deserves to post if he wishes to.

But, Shockslayer, any issues you have with me (yet again) can be handled either in the private forum or in PMs.

Please don't lock this thread, I PM'ed Megalomaniac and gave him the link cos I want him to be able to respond or defend himself, as this is public now.

LOL....you guys.....
i should start waking up in the morning like most people so i can join in on the action when its hot...

those snapshots take things way out of context...
i think this all may just have been the result of a miscommunication and misunderstanding....im sure a full IRC log would put the entire conversation into proper perspective...

it was an interesting night on IRC to discuss Tchay's 1 shipping issue with USPS vs the 100+ successful shipments ive had with USPS (within the last 3 months) regarding international shipping...

during the discussion i informed Tchay it was not the inept american government at fault for loosing a package because it had already left their domain of responsibility, how tracking information can only be updated on USPS website when they receive data from other countries, and how the buyer should be aware and consider the performance record of their country's postal service...

those snapshots do show my mention of a forum member from brazil that did not receive his package after 40 days and how he felt like maybe he should have purchased tracking or insurance afterall because he knew the shipping services in his 3rd world country could not be relied upon.
what the snapshots do no show is how i used this as an example to explain to Tchay the purpose of a USPS customs form which includes a ticket number. When a package leaves a country and enters another country, the customs ticket number is actually used kinda like a "free" tracking number.

so talking about the guy from brazil, the forum member used the customs ticket number to call his local post office they found the package and it was delivered
irc log:
(20:41:50) so i gave him the ticket number....bam....package arrived
(20:42:18) if he had issues then maybe i would have sent another

then Tchay and I moved on to the VALUE of the item being shipped...of course i mentioned the obvious that my shipping an approx value of ~70$ is not comparable to a product with a value of 1000$... but thats only the start...

the snapshot does not show how i was questioned as to if i had ever shipped a product worth ~$1K before...
hehe, well, i went into detail of how i have frequently shipped equipment with a value of about $600K with a nothing more than a label on an unsealed box left on the counter at the post office...

while this method of shipping may appear "wreckless", it is not. The postal services: USPS FEXED UPS will all tape a box closed when it comes into their possession...Heck i even had the shipping labels attached with blue painters tape at times when i ran out of shipping tape...why blue painters tape? because it doesnt tear the label when they remove the tape to apply real shipping tape...
not a single time ever in the last 3 months or my previous shipping experiences over the last 7 or 8 years of high volume shipping with both USPS and FEDEX has a shipment ever been lost..

Remember: the purpose for creating this thread was a means to potentially alert the community for their own protection....

ive seen from past experiences in forums that sometimes a simple question or concern about a member can end up exposing them as truly being a distrustful person, or even worse, expose them as a rat (or a mole)...I encourage everyone to always question anyone or anything that seems suspicious or seems falsely reported...

i vote not to lock this thread, lets see where further discussion leads to...

... I've been lurking for awhile now, but after seeing this I feel I needed to register and make a post.

Let me get this straight. So you guys are butthurt about Megalo's policy? A policy he is very upfront about? A policy the buyer agrees to and understands?

Seriously?

Megalo has done nothing wrong, and this thread is filled with buttflusteration. I'm going to say right now that I do not like the "buyer assumes responsibility" policy, I would not personally buy from a seller who has that policy, but it's his godDang business what his policies are. Everything done on this site is done PRIVATELY, THE BUYER SHOULD BE CAREFUL REGARDLESS.

It's not even as if the policy is baseless, it makes sense, losing $20 and $50 parts isn't exactly the end of the world, and it makes things much cleaner when one person assumes all responsibility; at that point, it would make more sense that the buyer, aka one who is not well known, takes responsibility for the retrieval of a product from the seller, aka one who has a reputation and is much less likely to attempt a scam.

Just leave eachother alone. Megalo has done nothing immoral, nothing criminal, and he is NOT in the wrong. It's nonsensical how people can blow up over a chatlog with zero context. Anyone can quote someone to make them look bad, that's how attack-ads in political campaigns are run and boy are they effective at making voters pissed.

Don't be stupid.

I have shipped over 2000 items with USPS. Only one package was lost, not by USPS but after it crossed into Mexico.

My policy has ALWAYS been, if USPS loses it then I will refund. If it get's lost in your country, then you can try to get your money back nothing I can do.

Mega's policy is fine by me.

Moved to Forum 47 as this no longer has anything to do with actually selling or trading.

This thread shouldn't have been made and there is absolutely zero issues here.

He's not breaking any rules and if anyone doesn't agree with his shipping policy then they can simply not buy from him, but I don't blame his policy in the slightest because it's the best way to avoid getting scammed on international orders.

Leaving this open for now because he requested that it stayed open, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Back