Building Pc. Need help with the parts.

Hello. Ive finally collected all the money i need and i now want to build a pc but i have not enought experience to know which parts i need. So i wanted to ask you guys if you could help me with the list for the parts.
Buget is about 1300 (i counted 1318 but i have to think about shipping and maybe me miscounting.)
What it needs to have: Enough performance for 3D animation and rendering, enough performance to record gameplay in Full Hd 60 FPS, it needs an nvidia gpu (the programs i use have a gpu boost but only for nvidia ones), good ventilation for long hours wirhout damage, and this case if possible : Corsair CC-9011048-WW Carbide Series Air 540 Windowed ATX High Airflow Cube Performance Computer Case with White LED Fan - Arctic White

(look it up on amazon)

Please dont cut the budget too thight. I might have miscounted. Just leave around 30 bucks free(1270). But only if possible without reducing the quality of the pc

Thanks in advance:D

I guess this is what I'd do for $1270, in those constraints.

However, that build assumes several things:
- You have a copy of windows
- you would like to be able to go SLI in the future for more graphics performance
- You want to be able to overclock

If you aren't interested in overclocking, dropping to an i7 4790 and an H97 mobo would save $40 or so. Dropping to a non SLI rated board would save another $10-20. If you were gonna skip SLI support, you could save quite a bit on the power supply as well, by dropping to something like a CX550m.

Another option (though generally one I don't recommend) would be to go for an X99 system with a 5820k. For things like rendering and gameplay capture, that processor should do a reasonable amount better than the 4790/k. (6c/12t > 4c/8t, after all) Going X99 would require paring down the rest of the system specs a good bit though, as x99 mobos, ddr4 ram, and LGA2011V3 processors are all a good bit more expensive than the consumer line stuff.

Finally, with some changes, that budget would fit SLI 970s or a 980, if you were willing to drop to an i5 (but that could adversely affect render performance, depending on what programs you're using).

samjc3 said:

- you would like to be able to go SLI in the future for more graphics performance

If you aren't interested in overclocking, dropping to an i7 4790 and an H97 mobo would save $40 or so. Dropping to a non SLI rated board would save another $10-20. If you were gonna skip SLI support, you could save quite a bit on the power supply as well, by dropping to something like a CX550m.

Another option (though generally one I don't recommend) would be to go for an X99 system with a 5820k. For things like rendering and gameplay capture, that processor should do a reasonable amount better than the 4790/k. (6c/12t > 4c/8t, after all) Going X99 would require paring down the rest of the system specs a good bit though, as x99 mobos, ddr4 ram, and LGA2011V3 processors are all a good bit more expensive than the consumer line stuff.

Finally, with some changes, that budget would fit SLI 970s or a 980, if you were willing to drop to an i5 (but that could adversely affect render performance, depending on what programs you're using).
I do not own a Windows copy but would the one for my Notebook work? (the key which is on the back of my notebook)

Also overclock and multible cards would be nice of cource but i dont know how well overclocking will work with the whole cooling system. (what do you think?)

samjc3 said:

Ive searched up all the parts on the german amazon and it is 1491,23 euros.
Everything is a bit more expensive on amazon it seems. Im going to see if i can find other german or austrian shops but for now thats too expensive.

Oh. You should have mentioned that you're in Germany. Between the exchange rate and taxes, the market over there is way expensive.

Something like this is as close as I can get to the earlier build while staying under 1300€. In order to get down to that price, I had to ditch SLI capability and Overclocking capability.

On the other hand, if you are willing to go with a different, much cheaper case (around 50€ or less) like a Corsair 100R or such, it'd be possible to fit SLI readiness and overclocking back in. Like so.

As far as windows goes, no, the copy from your laptop probably wouldn't work. Those are tied to several identifying hardware factors on the laptop they ship on, and generally speaking, you can't activate them on a different PC. That said, I went ahead and left windows off both partslists above, since it's pretty easy to get a windows key far cheaper than MSRP on places like ebay or reddit. Just be sure to get a 64bit key. And at this point, I'd recommend going for win7, since it's gonna be upgraded to win 10 for free in a couple months anyhow, no need to spend extra for win8.1. If you want to buy a legit windows key from a proper reseller, on the other hand, you'd have to combine the first and second build to free up the 100€ for windows.

As for the cooling system handling overclocking and SLI, yeah, should be fine in either case. If you go SLI, it might be wise to add some more case fans and turn up their speed in the bios, just to make sure your cards can stay at the highest turbo frequency - ie, in my case (Fractal Define R2 XL,) I had to bump my fans up to 80% speed at load, and add a fan on the side panel in order to keep my 2x GTX 770 from throttling. Keep in mind I do have them pretty heavily overclocked (~1315mhz core, 7.8ghz memory).

samjc3 said:
Oh. You should have mentioned that you're in Germany. Between the exchange rate and taxes, the market over there is way expensive.

Something like this is as close as I can get to the earlier build while staying under 1300€. In order to get down to that price, I had to ditch SLI capability and Overclocking capability.

On the other hand, if you are willing to go with a different, much cheaper case (around 50€ or less) like a Corsair 100R or such, it'd be possible to fit SLI readiness and overclocking back in. Like so.

As far as windows goes, no, the copy from your laptop probably wouldn't work. Those are tied to several identifying hardware factors on the laptop they ship on, and generally speaking, you can't activate them on a different PC. That said, I went ahead and left windows off both partslists above, since it's pretty easy to get a windows key far cheaper than MSRP on places like ebay or reddit. Just be sure to get a 64bit key. And at this point, I'd recommend going for win7, since it's gonna be upgraded to win 10 for free in a couple months anyhow, no need to spend extra for win8.1. If you want to buy a legit windows key from a proper reseller, on the other hand, you'd have to combine the first and second build to free up the 100€ for windows.

As for the cooling system handling overclocking and SLI, yeah, should be fine in either case. If you go SLI, it might be wise to add some more case fans and turn up their speed in the bios, just to make sure your cards can stay at the highest turbo frequency - ie, in my case (Fractal Define R2 XL,) I had to bump my fans up to 80% speed at load, and add a fan on the side panel in order to keep my 2x GTX 770 from throttling. Keep in mind I do have them pretty heavily overclocked (~1315mhz core, 7.8ghz memory).
Ok first off what do you think of the following build:
d6d6752c6d8827eeecd764d003349750.jpg

Secound win 7 to win 10 is free O.o since when?

Third does it have a wlan module inbuild?

Forth: how many usb ports.

Microsoft has said that is you own a legitimate windows key from buying windows you will get a free Upgrade to 10.

That build is mediocre at best. It's only got 8gb of ram, which isn't ideal if you're serious about rendering work, and the BX100 SSD is pretty mediocre in terms of performance. More importantly though, it's AMD based, and as far as I'm concerned, AMD is a bad idea.

You couldn't make me buy an AMD CPU these days. They had nearly competitive performance with intel when that line came out in 2011/2012, but intel has continued to improve with new processors every year, and AMD has continued to sell the same Dang parts that draw way more power than their performance suggests. In many benchmarks, a current gen i3 will beat or match that 9590, at less than 1/4 of the power draw, and at a lower price to boot. A current gen i5 will just outright destroy a 9590 at a similar pricepoint, and a current i7, while it will cost more, will beat the 9590 in almost every benchmark there is, including some where AMD performs surprisingly well, like Cinebench, Agisoft Photoscan, and Handbrake Video Encoding. On top of that, AMD system controllers are flax-tier - they don't have support for PCIE 3.0, usb 3.0, let alone support for M.2 or NVME or anything like that, which is gonna be hot stuff in the next few years.

Ultimately, buying AMD is tantamount to buying a computer from 2011 brand new in 2015 - it doesn't make any sense. /r/buildapcforme and /r/pcmasterrace both jerk it to AMD because they think more cores is inherently better, and that AMD is cheaper - however, the fact that AMD hasn't actually released a new part in years, and the fact that intel continues to make new parts with solid performance increases kinda destroys those arguments.

And yeah, win 10 upgrade is free for anyone with a legit win7 or higher key.

There isn't a wifi card on the build I specced, but one could certainly be put in.

As for how many USB ports, most z97 motherboards are gonna have 6 USB 3.0 (4 on the back, 2 on headers for the front of the case) and 8 USB 2.0 (either 4 back/4 front or 6 back/2 front, depending on the case).

I agree with your statement about the AMD processors, but I have been an AMD guy forever. I just wish they would put out a better processor, but there new CPUs that are coming out are looking like arm processors.

But the op should definitely go Intel as they are very performance heavy and will get the job done better.

Re:

DuHasst0 said:
I agree with your statement about the AMD processors, but I have been an AMD guy forever. I just wish they would put out a better processor, but there new CPUs that are coming out are looking like arm processors.

But the op should definitely go Intel as they are very performance heavy and will get the job done better.

samjc3 said:
That build is mediocre at best. It's only got 8gb of ram, which isn't ideal if you're serious about rendering work, and the BX100 SSD is pretty mediocre in terms of performance. More importantly though, it's AMD based, and as far as I'm concerned, AMD is a bad idea.

You couldn't make me buy an AMD CPU these days. They had nearly competitive performance with intel when that line came out in 2011/2012, but intel has continued to improve with new processors every year, and AMD has continued to sell the same Dang parts that draw way more power than their performance suggests. In many benchmarks, a current gen i3 will beat or match that 9590, at less than 1/4 of the power draw, and at a lower price to boot. A current gen i5 will just outright destroy a 9590 at a similar pricepoint, and a current i7, while it will cost more, will beat the 9590 in almost every benchmark there is, including some where AMD performs surprisingly well, like Cinebench, Agisoft Photoscan, and Handbrake Video Encoding. On top of that, AMD system controllers are flax - they don't have support for PCIE 3.0, usb 3.0, let alone support for M.2 or NVME or anything like that, which is gonna be hot stuff in the next few years.

Ultimately, buying AMD is tantamount to buying a computer from 2011 brand new in 2015 - it doesn't make any sense. /r/buildapcforme and /r/pcmasterrace both jerk it to AMD because they think more cores is inherently better, and that AMD is cheaper - however, the fact that AMD hasn't actually released a new part in years, and the fact that intel continues to make new parts with solid performance increases kinda destroys those arguments.

And yeah, win 10 upgrade is free for anyone with a legit win7 or higher key.

There isn't a wifi card on the build I specced, but one could certainly be put in.

As for how many USB ports, most z97 motherboards are gonna have 6 USB 3.0 (4 on the back, 2 on headers for the front of the case) and 8 USB 2.0 (either 4 back/4 front or 6 back/2 front, depending on the case).

DuHasst0 said:
Microsoft has said that is you own a legitimate windows key from buying windows you will get a free Upgrade to 10.
Please all of you look at this build.
I totally forgot about this post and focused on reddit only. Im so sorry.
But atleast tell me what you think about this build.
26742e375a738b0c870b70c5f3316065.jpg

The power supply in that one seems ridiculously expensive for what it is, and is probably a bit lower total power than you'd want in such a build anyhow. I'd say go 550w as a minimum, or 750w if you want to SLI in the future. Finally, while it's an excellent cooler, the dark rock 3 is really probably overkill. Other than that, seems fine.

samjc3 said:
The power supply in that one seems ridiculously expensive for what it is, and is probably a bit lower total power than you'd want in such a build anyhow. I'd say go 550w as a minimum, or 750w if you want to SLI in the future. Finally, while it's an excellent cooler, the dark rock 3 is really probably overkill. Other than that, seems fine.

I actually took the silver power supply. (alot cheaper)
Is the 450 w gonna be a problem?
I need such an overkill fan since im gonna do render and maybe even overclock the cpu so its more than fitting.
Also ive already ordered the set:D Had to drop the ssd though.

You'll most likely have to use some molex to pcie converters to get enough power into the graphics card. As for the cooler, still overkill - a hyper 212 will comfortably handle a 4790k at 4.8ghz in my experience. And Dang shame about skipping the SSD. I'd never do a build without a solid state OS drive these days; it's just too huge a boost to perceived system speed to skip, frankly.

samjc3 said:
You'll most likely have to use some molex to pcie converters to get enough power into the graphics card. As for the cooler, still overkill - a hyper 212 will comfortably handle a 4790k at 4.8ghz in my experience. And Dang shame about skipping the SSD. I'd never do a build without a solid state OS drive these days; it's just too huge a boost to perceived system speed to skip, frankly.
I will add it in later.
And dude ive already ordered so what to do now? The guy who made the set for me has alot of experience so i guessed that he knows what hes talking about.

Well, the cooler you bought will certainly work fine - those are fantastic coolers. Just more than it's really necessary to pay to cool the chip you bought.

As for the SSD, not having one is a shame, but it's not like the computer won't function or anything - it just won't be quite as fast.

Finally, I assume the power supply should work, assuming it has 8pin CPU power and either 2x pcie power or 1x pcie power and a molex strand (way more likely). Most supplies that I've seen recently do fit those requirements, but I have seen a couple that don't. Assuming it works, you should be fine, as long as you never want to upgrade to parts that draw more power.

samjc3 said:
Well, the cooler you bought will certainly work fine - those are fantastic coolers. Just more than it's really necessary to pay to cool the chip you bought.

As for the SSD, not having one is a shame, but it's not like the computer won't function or anything - it just won't be quite as fast.

Finally, I assume the power supply should work, assuming it has 8pin CPU power and either 2x pcie power or 1x pcie power and a molex strand (way more likely). Most supplies that I've seen recently do fit those requirements, but I have seen a couple that don't. Assuming it works, you should be fine, as long as you never want to upgrade to parts that draw more power.

The ssd does only lower the system boot time and the loading time for everything that is on the ssd. But it wont lower the overall performance?

Yeah. SSDs generally just make everything feel snappier, since you effectively never have to wait for disk IO. It's not gonna reduce render speed or anything like that though, since that's a processor limited task, not an IO limited task.

samjc3 said:
Yeah. SSDs generally just make everything feel snappier, since you effectively never have to wait for disk IO. It's not gonna reduce render speed or anything like that though, since that's a processor limited task, not an IO limited task.
Also that cooler might even be too less because if i overclock i will overclock the cpu and gpu . I dont think that it will be able to handle that heat.

Back