Boost Voltage to 12V?

I need to boost my dual 7.4v 4800Mah batteries to 12v to maintain picture quality on the screen I am experimenting with. I am very tempted to by the anyvolt micro but, it's going to be $21.24. Does anyone know which TI part I would need? After all Free is ALWAYS better than paying. :D

Umm.......On a semi-unrelated topic, I just slightly flexed one of my thin lithium battery packs. :gonk: Is that a bad thing?

RevRon said:
I need to boost my dual 7.4v 4800Mah batteries to 12v to maintain picture quality on the screen I am experimenting with. I am very tempted to by the anyvolt micro but, it's going to be $21.24. Does anyone know which TI part I would need? After all Free is ALWAYS better than paying. :D
No idea, but I'm sure they have one. I would check if I wasn't so tired.

RevRon said:
Umm.......On a semi-unrelated topic, I just slightly flexed one of my thin lithium battery packs. :gonk: Is that a bad thing?

Could be, but probably not.

bacteria said:
RevRon said:
I suppose it means by how much, etc. If just a little you may be ok, don't know, depends if the cell is damaged or punctured.

One idea is to run a mains power line to the outside of your house, several meters from the house, and have your battery on charge for most of a day. If it doesn't explode, you are ok; just be more careful next time! Make sure the day is sunny, if it starts to rain, get it indoors and disconnect the charger from the power. You don't want water + electricity!
But since it is rain that could mean its pure water, which is an insulater.

Desertman123 said:
bacteria said:
RevRon said:
I suppose it means by how much, etc. If just a little you may be ok, don't know, depends if the cell is damaged or punctured.

One idea is to run a mains power line to the outside of your house, several meters from the house, and have your battery on charge for most of a day. If it doesn't explode, you are ok; just be more careful next time! Make sure the day is sunny, if it starts to rain, get it indoors and disconnect the charger from the power. You don't want water + electricity!
But since it is rain that could mean its pure water, which is an insulater.

Grr... Must... Resist... CANT!

Bah, gotta argue. ;) If the water were actually pure, then the raindrop would not have formed. It needs a speck of something to start condensing around. :awesome: Either way, better not to mess with electricity and water.

Back