BlackBerry 10 Looks promising

Antome

Forum Blooper
blackberry-10-photos-15.jpg
blackberry-10-photos-13.jpg

http://bgr.com/gallery/blackberry-10-os ... -photos-1/

I dunno whether we will get ROMs for BB10, but in any case the OS functionality looks on par if not more functional than android, plus RIM have always made good handsets, so their new line of devices could legitimately be interesting and competitive.

It doesn't hurt that the porting process from other platforms to BB10 sounds fairly painless. Combined with their port-a-thons throughout last year, they aim to have 10,000 quality apps on launch, which isn't half-bad.

Gestures are nice, so long as they are clear, non-invasive and you are taught them right off the bat, which they appear to have done.

RIM Pulled out all the stops on this one, and I ain't even mad. Competition is good.

The main issue that I see is getting it to actually work. BlackBerry Tablet OS, well, I didn't like it, but it would have been at least usable if it wasn't so Dang glitchy and slow. Hopefully, BB10 will work out of the box, but that's quite a challenge. It took Android four major revisions and half a decade to get to the point where it could be considered polished (4.0 ICS, Gingerbread was reliable but still missing some things). It seems that BlackBerry has invested quite a bit of resources into BB10, so in that regard it'll be sink or swim- either it fails hard and they just flushed a wad of cash down the toilet or it works great and rejuvenates the company.

Personally, I couldn't care less- the only thing that could drag me away from Android would be a completely redesigned Windows Phone. But I am curious.

Neat, but it doesn't seem worth it to me personally. The app gap is currently too huge for me to switch over to a brand new OS/ecosystem. But hey, like you said, competition is good.

Back