Best method for PAL SNES portable?

pkmnjunky7

I'm about to build a PAL snes portable and I'm getting a lot of mixed information after researching a couple hours. Basically It's important to me that I have full compatibility with all PAL snes games, or at least very close to full compatibility. From what I've read some people claim there are region mods you can do to NTSC SNES's, or SNES clones that give full PAL compatibility, but other sources say it's not anywhere close.

Also, if I can purchase an NTSC SNES or clone, I'd rather do that since it's a lot cheaper. I can't find a PAL snes for less than $80.00 (I'm in America so the shipping is killing me from Europe)

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

-Zach

Why PAL if you're in North America? Is it a commission or something?

You should be able to convert a mini SNES with a new oscillator, a few switches, and a European or universal lockout chip. Try searching "SNES mini 50/60hz mod" or something like that.

I own a few SNESs, and I have modded one of them (a PAL one) previously with the Region and 50/60Hz mods to allow me to play my NTSC cartridges (without having to dust off my NTSC SNES that I don't like to use often!). I absolutely love the SNES controller, and I am wanting to be able to use two of them on my PC to allow my girlfriend and I to play some more modern games ;)

Back