Backpacking with a PSone need voltage/current advice please

OK, I know this is may not be exactly what you guys call portablizing, but it is what I am currently doing and felt you guys were the most knowledgeable to ask such questions. A buddy of mine and I am going backpacking into the mountains, and I thought it would be fun to bring along a PSone with a NES emulator and play it on a micro projector at night. So that means it will be using both the controllers and the disk drive.

With that load I'm wondering what kind of battery could/should I use to power the PSone? Any recommendations on types or models? I've noticed a lot of the projects on here use 7.2 or 7.4 volts but only one controller (integrated into the setup), will the added controller or using the A/V out require more voltage? Also, should I be concerned about not just getting a plug that would fit from radioshack and soldering it to a battery to supply my voltage? Like do I need a current limiter or anything?

Please and thank you for all advice.

Just saying, batteries are heavy. Not extremely heavy, but not exactly something I would bring backpacking. Should you be so inclined, a 7.4v Lithium Ion battery pack is exactly what you need. I'm not sure if the PSOne takes multiple voltages or not, but I think it doesn't.

Back