Ashen's PS2p

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Ashen, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashen

Ashen GameCube Révolutionary

Yep, finally after months of procrastination. Here you have it.

Specs:
    Custom Vacuum formed case with PS2 controller parts frankencased in.
    Dimensions = 23.8cm (w) x 12.5cm (h) x 35mm (D) (43mm (d) where the disc+cover are).
    5.6" Dalian screen with 15khz VGA input (can switch between VGA and Composite input modes).
    iPod/iPhone mini audio amp with DS Lite speakers + switching headphone jack.
    Internal 5200mah 11.1v Li-Ion battery pack (6 cells) Provides up to 4 hours of play from a full charge.
    Mario's low battery indicator circuit active @ ~20mins left.
    External memcard slot 1 access, as well as external USB.
    Prolly some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Pretty sure this is the smallest PS2p ever made with a DD and batteries. I'm not well versed in the few that have been made though, so I could be wrong.

Pics!:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here it is being held by some of the sexiest man hands in existence.
    [​IMG]

Vidya:

Hope you guys like! Enjoy!

beverly likes this.
  2. gman

gman Well-Known Member

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

omg. i love it. It looks thin even though it has batteries and a disc drive!! :awesome: :awesome:

I like the intro. Espicially with your gameboy fusion. I thought your were gonna pull out the fusion rev3 v2 but you didnt

3. LOCtronicz

LOCtronicz Formerly known as zenloc

best ps2 portable PERIOD!

4. public-pervert

public-pervert Well-Known Member

Ashtastic! :awesome:

5. ShockSlayer

ShockSlayer Probably SS

Definitely a top tier portable, pretty much one of the best units I've ever seen if not the best.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Ashen.

6. grossaffe

grossaffe President Groosevelt Staff Member

filthy.

7. Gamerlolwind

Gamerlolwind Well-Known Member

this is epic!
    ashen rules even with the ps2, which is a hard console to mod, probably harder than the GC.
    i like it, looks super cool,
    final fantasy X was the reason why i got a ps2 back in 08, awesome game :)

the difference between VGA and AV is clearly noticeable on the video, usually it's hard to spot the difference on camera, I'm guessing? not 100% sure entirely.

@ashen: was the ps2 portable mod harder to make than the GC? i mean because it's a different board that is knida difficult to cut/trim and getting the batts to work as it needs a specific amount of +v (8.5v).

but it looks like that's no issue for you as your a pro at good portables, and have alot of experience and such. one thing that impresses me alot about ashen's work is how he manages to keep everything he makes so clean and in awesome shape and such. really :)

there are others who messe up some of their mods a bit (accidentally etc), but ashen is so skilled that his work is spotless clean, impressive.

8. ttsgeb

ttsgeb Breaker of Everything Staff Member

OMFG, I forgot what it was like to see a finished Ashen project.
    I don't know why I ever doubted you.
    This is incredible in every way.

9. vskid3

vskid3 Well-Known Member

Agreed. This should be the PS Vita.

10. samjc3

samjc3 #1 Female Member

God, why is everyone so excited over this? It represents a monumental amount of wasted effort - it's too big and bulky to use as a true portable device, and if you're gonna be at home, you may as well be playing on a straight up console. You portableizers are a weird bunch - just buy a psp like a normal human.

Nah, that thing looks incredible. Definitely best Ps2 portable. I'd almost consider buying one. (except the part where I am unemployed, don't use my psp/ps2/ps3 anyway, and just dropped ~$3000 on other flax)

11. Tchay

Tchay Frequent Poster

Why not just get a psvita

12. grossaffe

grossaffe President Groosevelt Staff Member

because more people own PS2ps

13. Ashen

Ashen GameCube Révolutionary

Well, I have a Vita and a PSP and a JXD and Yinlips and a 3DS and a DSLite and GBA. Call me hard to satisfy.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! Gonna get the newest GCp vid up soonish and move on to other unfinished buisness.

14. Tchay

Tchay Frequent Poster

I feel like Wii portables and laptops are doomed to just never get made :(

15. ShockSlayer

ShockSlayer Probably SS

I'm making a Wii laptop next, starting this week.

SS

16. zmanlane

zmanlane Newb

hey ashen, are any of your portables for sale? or can I commission you?

17. Zero

Zero ModRetro Legend Administrator

Cause the PS2 had a much better line up.

18. Kickback

Kickback Teen Idle Staff Member

Looks really nice, I hope one day some people seriously tackle the PS2 mobo and see if they can reduce it.

But still, this looks great.

19. Tchay

Tchay Frequent Poster

You do know I was kidding right?

@kb, Ashen and some of us have taken a look at the motherboard and its a toughy. A lot more important things on the PS2 mobo than the gamecube mobo. It might be possible, but it's ganna be tough.

20. Drakon

Drakon Active Member

Too....beautifully made....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.