Ashen's PS2 thing ~ worklog ~

Re: Re: Beginnings.

ttsgeb said:
ProgMetalMan said:
AbyssPWNS said:
Kickback said:
*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing ashen.
What? Has he done something incredible yet?

I mean, I'm glad he's taking this on; but really all I see here is continued use of a good case and some attention somewhere that doesn't get much. I'm sure it will be sexy if he doesn't throw it across the room or something, but it seems pretty standard to me right now.

Ashen: Keep doing what your doing. Show what those hands that I got to hold can do. <3 Because of you, I no longer laugh at Nintendo fans. Let's see where else you can change my mind.

I quite like your xbox laptop too, and the fact that you're giving attention to what i say is the best 7th generation console out of the lot, so *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing ttsgeb too.

Re: Beginnings.

Little bit more casework is getting done. I need some help on placement of select and start, not really sure where they should go, opinions welcome.

Lots of pics, because I like lots of pics:

L2/R2 mounted in, lots of other stuff semi mounted or ready to be permanently affixed.
IMG_0418-1.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

I'm cheating a bit and have raised up the d-pad/buttons/analogs slightly above the face of the case to buy some room inside.
IMG_0421.jpg

Triggers may look a little akward, but they feel o-so-smooth.
IMG_0422.jpg

Filler'ed in the rest of where the DVD will sit.
IMG_0423.jpg

Finally got some batteries in the mail. Spent a good part of the day today working out the rest of the case layout around the batteries. Its a Dang tight fit, but it all goes in there. I actually had to trim some parts of the motherboard around the batteries to make them fit.

IMG_0430.jpg

This ones really close, like 1/2 a mm more and I would have been cutting some important via's and stuff.
IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

Thats a tight fit :) Aprox. how long will the batteries last while playing?

I haven't posted much, but this has definitely got my attention.

Nice job squeezing in those cells :D

yes, awesome work on the batteries, ashen :)
how many volts are they? 11.1v?
and how long will they last per charge?

it looks like a tight fit, also case rocks :)
it's knida like SS's XGC case.

also, i never knew :p that Start and Select could be sooooooooooooooooooo far apart from each other,
but it's awesome that they are :)

Looks amazing so far Ashen! I was going to ask about the batteries too. They look like individual cells. Does each cell have a built in protection circuit? And where do you usually get your batteries from?

They are 18650 cells, and I get them from batteryspace.com. I'm figuring at 11.1v and 5200mAh I'll get around 3.5-4 hours playtime. Thats just a rough guess at this point though.

More case updates, hopefully I'll be painting this biotch by the end of the week.

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Pretty much everything important is cut/filed/dremeled/epoxied where it needs to be. I'll need to add some vent holes at some point. Feels real good with this setup, me likey.

Also, cut my heatsink. Gets no warmer than cool. PS2's apparently run a lot cooler than GC's :D

IMG_0439.jpg

Sexy.

Now I'm trying to picture that case once it's painted. It started out looking very similar to the fusion, but, man, it's gonna have a different look when it's done.

Yeah, actually when you put it that way SS I guess so.
My bad, anyways it's awesome ether way :).

Ashen to the ps2 portablizing!!!

Can't help but comment, this looks amazing, I just love how you had to have that extra battery life by filling that close to the vias, I wouldn't even have dared.

Also, layout and casing in general are epic

Back