Anyone have access to a CnC machine that can do aluminum?

Re: Anyone have access to a CnC machine that can do aluminum

Gimme a zip code and I'll find you a machine shop. Estimated price, probably $300-$600.

If you really want I can contact a machine shop my grandpa does business with, but it'd be best just to find one in your extended area. I'm sure there's at least one within a 50 mile radius of your house.

This would be a similar and MUCH cheaper option, although the inside is black. The clear buttons are pretty sweet though.

I would love to see a ponoko or shapeways that does CNC. (Specifically full featured metal CNC in all 3 dimensions with additional endmilling capability) Somebody found that flax.

I'm sure there's a metal workshop someplace near by. It's a necessity (kind of).
If not you'll have to look into sending it to someone who can do the work for you. It wouldn't be cheap- I've been quoted $450-$500 to install two flat metal panels in a case.

samjc3 said:
I would love to see a ponoko or shapeways that does CNC. (Specifically full featured metal CNC in all 3 dimensions with additional endmilling capability) Somebody found that flax.

Oh flax lets do it!

Well if its gonna cost like $500 maybe it should be a original gameboy or something?

Back