Analog-shock

epicelite

Frequent Poster
So I got this dual-analog off SUPER EBAY for $5 (lol buy it now for $5, was only like a hour old auction when I found it. :dahroll: )

Its SUPER nice to hold because of the longer handles, you have no freaking idea its AMAZING! :mrgreen:

Anyway I want to switch out the guts with a dual-shock so I can have the vibration. ::3:
However it only has 1 built in spot for a motor on 1 side.(in the Jap version the motor was too powerful and damaged peoples PS1's :dah: )

Wat do?

I will get some pictures when everything dries off, it smelled like cigarettes when I got it so I took it apart and scrubbed every last part (excluding the circuit board :p ) with a toothbrush and anti-bacterial soap. I left the buttons to soak in a cup with water and dish soap for a few hours and the caked on crud came right off! :awesome:

So anyway, just waiting for it all to dry now, then I will get some pictures. ::3:

epicelite said:
Anyway I want to switch out the guts with a dual-shock so I can have the vibration. ::3:
However it only has 1 built in spot for a motor on 1 side.(in the Jap version the motor was too powerful and damaged peoples PS1's :dah: )

Hot glue.

Actually, looking at the PCB it has a spot to solder 1 rumble motor in place.

Do you think I should, or...

I mean I dunno because in the jap version the motor supposidly pulled too much current and could damage the PSone but was it the motor or the circuit design?

So like when trying to get the awesum analog sticks to go back on. Like there is no groove in them to they can spin freely.

I tried using some elmers glue but the right one never seems to get stuck and I have glued it in like 3 times now but it keeps spinning (yes I gave it time to dry.)

I don't want to use hot glue or something stronger because:
1 I might need to remove the sticks eventually
2 It might get stuck in the analog thing underneath them

Hack the stick tops. Cut whatever holdy-dealy it might have on and glue/mightyputty/ABS cement on the bottom part of a DualShock cap, the part that holds it on the stick.

Back