A320 Advance

3MZ

I've always hated the design of the Dingoo A320, so I found a broken Gameboy Advance and decided to make a case mod for the A320 out of the GBA. So here's whats happened so far :dah:

4731183980_190d7f949b.jpg

Yes it was pink, but I (very poorly) painted it white along time ago and now I can't get the paint of :wtf:

I was an idiot and used hot glue on this and it heats up and melts whenever I go to sand it :mad:
4730540765_0161c8f83f.jpg

4731185764_f831063a18.jpg

That was before sanding...

Upper right corner sanded...
4730552103_f78caa9857.jpg

Also, I started this out a while back and was stupid and used Mighty Putty in one of the corners and it is impossible to sand down...

(I had to bend back the start/select buttons so I wouldn't accidentally sand them off :(
4733565371_3a678f8df9.jpg

left side sanded now ::3: its really difficult to sand one side without its goo spreading over to the other side...

It looks a lot better in person (sorta) these photos are taken with my phone. So, they suck pretty bad-ly...

thanks :dahroll: , this is my first "real" mod of a console. Not just painting it or changing the buttons or whatever.

Gah, you stole my idea, not an advanced but still a shell replacement.

Oh well, looks good.

bentomo said:
Gah, you stole my idea, not an advanced but still a shell replacement.

Oh well, looks good.

:dah: What type of shell did you use?

if you ask me the GBA has the most comfortable (and coolest looking :p ) design out of all the gameboys.

I haven't used it yet. I was planning to use a gamecube but I thought about how much I use my dingoo as my mp3 player and how unfriendly cube controllers are to pockets.

You can probably guess which controller I'm going to use instead.

bentomo said:
I haven't used it yet. I was planning to use a gamecube but I thought about how much I use my dingoo as my mp3 player and how unfriendly cube controllers are to pockets.

You can probably guess which controller I'm going to use instead.

Snes?

BINGO

At 3mz

Sorry DK.

It's no gamecube controller but it sure beats the dingoo's design. Plus I have some spares.

bentomo said:
BINGO

At 3mz

Sorry DK.

It's no gamecube controller but it sure beats the dingoo's design. Plus I have some spares.

Tru-dat :awesome: The Dingoo's design isn't the best. And the shoulder buttons are horribly clicky.

Are you ever gonna make it?

bentomo said:
BINGO

At 3mz

Sorry DK.

I am already 4/5ths of the way done with a Dingoo in a SNES controller.
Next is NES controller.

I'm having to restart the project because the original gba case I was using is now destroyed :sweat: ... So the project is on hold until I can get a new gba that I can destroy. :cry:

ToastBucket said:
Bo's selling one. Check his FS thread. Now that you're starting over, don't use hot glue this time :p

Yeah, I started this when I was just starting out so, I didn't really know what I was doing..

Re: A320 Advance (starting over)

Okay, after 2 months of doing nothing I have a new GBA shell and am back to work on my mod! So far all I have done is take the thing apart and sanded down a little bit of it. This time instead of using the original layout for the controls (go see the pics on the first page to get what I mean) I am going to re wire the controls to fit where the GBA's were originally, also I am using the GBA's shoulder buttons in place of the Dingoo's. I am also looking for some decent speakers to use (the Dingoo's SUUUCK.) Also, if you want to buy this once I'm finished shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

So, I'm starting back on this project, and now it's almost done :cool: All I have to do is paint the case and rewire the shoulder buttons on the A320. :dah:

Can't find the A320, so... yeah. :sweat:

Back