A Few Questions

So I'm a guy who doesn't finish a lot of what he starts, but I really want to commit to making a portable NES.

I have an untested mobo which i pseudo-bricked a few years ago, i tried to disable the lockout chip, but I did it on the wrong chip :wtf: (I was like 12 so don't judge me.) I think its still ok if I get one off another mobo. It has been trimmed, and the RF box has been removed. (Threw away the regulator like an idiot) Should I be worried about it not working? I've udesoldered the bad chip, so it's not in the way.

Also, if I get like a 4400 mAh batter pack like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-T4400-Pow...xgy_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0QZMVM7079YZEATJF38E
How do I need to disassemble/ wire it, and can I use the standard usb charger?

Lastly, can you trim the mobo for the psone screens? I really want it as small as possible, as the case I would want to make would not be much larger than the NES mobo, an inch around the sides tops, no more than 2.5'' thick. My school has a 3D printer, so I might could use that to make a case.

I can post pictures if anybody wants.

As a side note, I had an idea of putting a modern PC in a C64 disk drive. I'm pretty sure a mITX board and a mini graphics card could fit inside of it. Not sure if its been done before. (If anyone is interested in that)

Thanks,
William

Also, any tool reccomendations? I have some cheapo soldering stuff, but I don't want to spend much over $150
Probably gonna get one of those $45 Weller stations.

Back