A battery pack I found for my portable good idea?

Gamerlolwind

Hay everyone
I found this battery pack I'm looking for use in my CubeFusionPAL portable.

Is this a good choice?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Sanyo-18650-2 ... 3372ce019a

It seems perfect for my needs as I'm looking for a 7.4v at 5000mah
This gives 7.4v at 5000mah and has a protection curitcut and is prewired :)

Plus price isn't bad at all.

Let me know what you think if this is a good battery pack to buy for my portable etc.

It's your typical camcorder batteries. It's just 4- 18650 batteries wired together.

You will still need a charger.

You could just get 2 Canon 2500mAh camcorder batteries that come with the charger for $17 each and have the exact same thing.

hailrazer said:
It's your typical camcorder batteries. It's just 4- 18650 batteries wired together.

You will still need a charger.

You could just get 2 Canon 2500mAh camcorder batteries that come with the charger for $17 each and have the exact same thing.

So, this battery isn't really 5200mah?

Oh, then what about these battery packs?

http://24x7diy.com/index.php/cPath/30_42

I'm really having trouble with finding a proper good battery pack at 7.4v at 5000mah,
I need as much help as i can get to find a good pack :cry:

hailrazer said:
It is 5000 mAh.

All I was saying is you get the exact same thing WITH a charger if you buy 2 sets of 2500 mAh camcorder batteries and just wire them together . You will then have a 5000mAh battery with an extra charger for the same price

Here I found one with two batteries and charger for less than $21

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-2500mAh-NP-F ... 20ba584af7

Hum, that's a good idea, thanx hail :)
so, if I want an easy 7.4v pack that is at 5000mah the one your saying it wire up
Is the best choice?
I mean is it very easy to wire the batteries up?

I have seen bacteria's guide on wiring two of these camcorder packs together in his n64 portable worklog.

I'm up for this method and getting the battery pack with the charger you Suggest in your link above,

But is there any harm or risk to doing this mod?

Which of the three battery options A B C is best?

I'm having a hard time choosing the best option for my portable needs?

Option C you showed me just now seems easy and such, but I'm just a bit puzzled on it's safety etc.

It's very easy to wire up. Connect the positive of the first battery pack to the positive of the second. Connect the negative of the first battery pack to the negative of the second. Voila , you have a 7.4v 5000mAh battery pack.

Connect the charger to the now double size battery pack and it charges just the same albeit it takes twice as long to charge.

It's the easiest and simplest way to have a 7.4v 5000 mAh lithium ion battery.

It's safe. That's all the manufacturers do when they sell larger mah packs is just throw smaller ones with equal voltage in parallel. So no worrying.

hailrazer said:
It's very easy to wire up. Connect the positive of the first battery pack to the positive of the second. Connect the negative of the first battery pack to the negative of the second. Voila , you have a 7.4v 5000mAh battery pack.

Connect the charger to the now double size battery pack and it charges just the same albeit it takes twice as long to charge.

Yep. Right you are :)
I'll do just that thanx hail for the wiring advice and battery pack + charger :)

Hermaphroditus said:
It's safe. That's all the manufacturers do when they sell larger mah packs is just throw smaller ones with equal voltage in parallel. So no worrying.

Yeah, gotta love that thinking the manufacturers came up with :)
It's an easy, cost efficiency and very effective solution to battery portablizing issues like mine here

Thanx for the tip, Herma :)

Thank you guys both for your awesome help on this matter :)

hailrazer said:

Okay, I bought the pack you showed me today,
One question, when you mean solder postive of one battery pack to the other postive, ditto on negative,

Do you mean the PCB's? Or the battery's themselves, just to be crystal clear.

Also, a diagram would help me out.

And using flux paste helps?

Back