64 BOY wip Complete

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 01/23/10*

Well I guess you're right, a too specific paint job would be more personal.

Would be cool it it was like a SSB themed N64, or something like that.

If I ever do one, it'll be a DK64 themed one. Look a bit like the limited edition controller (if anyone has one, I might be willing to buy it.)
DKController001sm.jpg

When I first saw that I thought someone had taken a lighter to the prongs.

Ahm the 3 rarest controllers, they taunt me so.

The dk64 controller
The nintendo power 100 controller
And the n64 millennium controller

If bac were here, he'd say that with the rumble pack in it looks like a dick. XD

Also, Imma go reed yo thread, but that's a hella sexy case, how did you make it?
Ah, vac-forming, of course. Nice!

*adds you to the list of SS's favorite portablizers*

SS

Will putting the cartridge in backwards fry the system? I don't have pretty much any room on the case to put something in the slot to keep people from putting it in backwards. I want to make it idiot proof in case someone accidentally puts it in backwards. So would putting the cartridge in backwards fry the system? I've been looking at a pinout for the cartridge and it appears that even backwards the 7.4 volt and 3.3 volt lines on the cartridge won't change even backwards.

If you put the game in backwards, it plays anti-devil propaganda.

Frozener said:
According to this post, no...

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35189&hilit=cartridge+wrong+way

But I have definitely read a post where it destroyed the cartridge (not sure about the system) but I couldn't find it. My best guess is that the system would be fine. I'm not volunteering to test this theory however :lol:

"It shouldn't hurt the N64 if you plug the cartridge in the wrong way, it just wont start the game."

Shouldn't implies that this person hasn't tested this for sure.

Also, on that note: I saw how he relocated the cart slot. It's cute, but it fails for a couple reasons:
1. Now instead of broken wires, you can have dirty connections, and in an n64p that is a high possibility.
2. You have to buy/have/make the right size cable otherwise you are limited in length, aka more work. It could easily be too long or too short.
3. If you know how to solder, then you don't have any problems in the first place.

SS

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 01/28/10*

Update in first post. Also still need a definite response if putting the cartridge in backwards will fry it.

I really don't feel like risking it. I'm going to take advantage of the tabs in the back of the cartridge and put plastic there so that it won't be put in backwards. I didn't want to do this earlier because then it won't be compatible with japanese games. When I was selling the starlight 64 I had someone ask if it played japanese games so there are some people interested. But I suppose that I could easily build a simple adapter if it came to that. Or they could use a gameshark region adapter if they wanted to play them that badly. *puts in gameshark, game, and rumble pak*

Dang son, that's 15 inches. Oh well.

Just make the cart slot asymmetrical. Carts aren't the same front and back.

Put some curved blocks in the front part, like Beta said.

Back