64 BOY wip Complete

Re: 64 BOY wip *UPDATE 03/23/10*

Got some touch up details done, the headphone jack is working now. And the joystick is glued down, I'm going to put a jb weld shield over it later tonight.

The major work I got done is the new mold for the middle extension piece. When it's done I believe it will only add a half inch to the total thickness.

bentomo said:
Got some touch up details done, the headphone jack is working now. And the joystick is glued down, I'm going to put a jb weld shield over it later tonight.

The major work I got done is the new mold for the middle extension piece. When it's done I believe it will only add a half inch to the total thickness.
Why make it thicker? Batteries?

It wasn't just batteries, it wouldn't close even with them out. One of the reasons is because everything is stacked on top of each other.

I just wired it with the headphone jack switch, the jack does all the switching, I wired it like mario on his sprocket64

i know the feeling. thats the way it happened on my SNES. audio worked, then it didnt. did you check for solder bridges, etc? ive often found its simple stuff.

Yeah I did couldn't find anything.

And a side note this weekend has been incredibly boring with nothing to do but wait for jb weld to dry.

I usually get impatient with jb-weld and hotglue around it, as that way it will dry eventually, and I can do other stuff while it dries. Same thing with superglue.

Back