5" screen backlight help

The man

I bought a 5 inch car reverse screen I connected it to my console 8 v the lcd says 12v and the backlight went out I can't see anything unless I have it in the sun where I'm able to see a little bit.

8v should be fine. If the backlight isn't working then something is broken or the FFC cable connected to the screen is loose. You could open it and reposition the cable but if that doesn't work it's probably not usable.

Blargaman91 said:
8v should be fine. If the backlight isn't working then something is broken or the FFC cable connected to the screen is loose. You could open it and reposition the cable but if that doesn't work it's probably not usable.
Thanks for the help but it was working but stupid me starting poking around with some tweezers and then it stopped working.is there a fuse on the driver board like those on the psp's ?

My 5" lcd went out and if I positioned it right I could see a very dim image. I fount out the the ribbon cable that went to power the back light was damaged. So I opened up the screen where the back light was. I proceeded to cut the ribbon cable just where it supplied power, then I soldered small IDE cable wire to the positive and negitive leads, (Using my multimeter to verify). Then I closed up the screen, and soldered the positive wire to a 3.3v line and the ground to a grpund line. Be careful though, you backlight may only take 1.9v. If you want pictures I can supply them.

The_Next_Guy said:
My 5" lcd went out and if I positioned it right I could see a very dim image. I fount out the the ribbon cable that went to power the back light was damaged. So I opened up the screen where the back light was. I proceeded to cut the ribbon cable just where it supplied power, then I soldered small IDE cable wire to the positive and negitive leads, (Using my multimeter to verify). Then I closed up the screen, and soldered the positive wire to a 3.3v line and the ground to a grpund line. Be careful though, you backlight may only take 1.9v. If you want pictures I can supply them.
Nice I'll give it a try,and picture would be very helpful thanks

Today I connected my screen and the backlight turns on but the driver board gets really hot power source is 8v what could be wrong.

I don't think anything is wrong unless you notice it's not acting right or it's hot enough to really hurt you. Those screens tend to get pretty hot.

Blargaman91 said:
I don't think anything is wrong unless you notice it's not acting right or it's hot enough to really hurt you. Those screens tend to get pretty hot.
It's hot to where my finger burns I can't even touch the board. then I disconnect it and it cools down ima try and connect it to a lower voltage if not ima break the sh*t out of it.

Back