32x on nomad?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by themadhacker, Sep 5, 2011.

1. themadhacker

themadhacker Crazy Train

Now because of the way the nomad is physically laid out there is no way a 32x will play on it, but do any of you suppose it would be compatible otherwise? As far as I know, the nomad is real hardware unlike the genesis 3, so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

2. Atari

Atari Active Member

So yes, it should work, but you'll have to modify the case so it may accommodate the 32x's adapter.

3. themadhacker

themadhacker Crazy Train

Oh, and also, has anybody tested any master system games on them?

4. XCVG

XCVG ModRetro Legend

The 32x needs video and audio from the Genesis connected, which it mixes and sends to your TV. You could probably use it on the Nomad but would need an external screen.

5. themadhacker

themadhacker Crazy Train

unless you replaced the screen with one of those 3.5' ones we buy from ebay and pump the video back into it.

6. themadhacker

themadhacker Crazy Train

well I got the urge to call my local used game store "game swap" (independent place, great deals, better than play n trade) and they told me they had a nomad and if I picked it up today i could have it for $40. Sweet! So I picked it up as well as a copy of sonic and knuckles. Also was going to buy two 45's, but the kid at the counter said they don't sell too often so he just gave them to me :o . When the guy gave me the nomad, the sticker on it said 69.99. So I pretty much got $30 off. Sweet tits right there. Forgot to ask about a 32x though. Oh well.

[​IMG]

7. Kickback

Kickback Teen Idle Staff Member

8. themadhacker

themadhacker Crazy Train

So it IS possible then!

I think I'll just make it so it actually is portable. I'll have to make a new case for the 32x though.

And I thought that the guy who made the gen 3 32x campatable was just bullflaxting and that we never actually got pictures of how he did it.

9. Kickback

Kickback Teen Idle Staff Member

There is a video on the internet, the guy doesn't really explain how it's done, but from the video itself it seems unlikely he's turning on another Genesis anywhere else, i'm still slightly skeptical but the knowledgeable lot at Sega-16 have said it is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3IZNCaLJSw

10. Bibin

Bibin Frequent Poster

The Genesis 3, at least one revision of it, can be modified to run Virtua Racing, SMS games, and 32x. Hypothetically, one could even run a SegaCD with it.