Search results

1. Keirstin Bloom

Custom GBA buttons?

I just want to clarify again since you mentioned thinner that I was talking about Testors spray paint, not the bottles of airbrush paint (That's generally what the thinner is for). And as for clear coat, I use clear testors one coat lacquer. (Again it's spray paint)
  2. Keirstin Bloom

Custom GBA buttons?

Nope, you can use whatever paint you want, but since using the buttons wears the laying down, I recommend Testors or Tamiya since they're very sturdy. You can use whatever paint you want (I use spray paint) but if you're using Rustoleum I'd say avoid the gloss. Otherwise use whatever you want...
  3. Keirstin Bloom

I haven't had to use a bank account for portablizing, and I don't have a job either. Yet I fund everything I make myself. Mow a lawn, petsit, do some chores, or find another way to raise the money. I customize consoles and sell them, but before that, I hunted through craigslist and bought cheap...
  4. Keirstin Bloom

How cheap exactly? You're not going to make a portable for much less than that, especially on your first try
  5. Keirstin Bloom

That picture he posted is of the fan. It says 5vdc on the wii fan itself.
  6. Keirstin Bloom

Custom GBA buttons?

Have you tried painting them? Testors and Tamiya paint with clear coat is solid and feels great.
  7. Keirstin Bloom

Question: what color wire is usually negative?
  8. Keirstin Bloom

Yep. You can also use the stock trim, regulators, housing, cables, and firmware.
  9. Keirstin Bloom

Wat. Why are your abxy buttons on the left?
  10. Keirstin Bloom

GC+ Lcd Some buttons A rotary tool Glue / epoxy Batteries Paint Clear coat Bondo glazing and spot putty Soldering iron PCM Joysticks Audio amplifier Speakers TI regulators L and R buttons Hard and soft tact switches Power plug Fan Heatsink Shielded wire for video
  11. Keirstin Bloom

I'm guessing you never played red steel 2 :P
  12. Keirstin Bloom

Before you ask a question, you need to ask yourself whether you've done all the searching you can. If you need a soldering iron, go to Amazon, type in "soldering iron", and then start reading reviews. If you need a headphone jack, go to ebay, type in "headphone jack pcb" and find a switching...
  13. Keirstin Bloom

Those aren't ds lite buttons, and you'll just have to get them and find out. Some things you just have to try out yourself As for your list, you're forgetting some important stuff: Headphone jack Magnet wire Port for charging Hard tacts Heatsink Fan Switches for power and whatever else Ir...
  14. Keirstin Bloom

Probably like $300 or close to it.
  15. Keirstin Bloom

95% of the games could be dora the explorer, but they don't matter unless you're playing them. It's about the 5% and how good those were. That's why I have 10x more crappy GameCube games laying around than I have good GameCube games. That doesn't make it a lame console by any means, it just...
  16. Keirstin Bloom

Don't use the one I did. I only used that because I had to have 12v.
  17. Keirstin Bloom

Xenogc modchip info

I literally wrote this guide so that I could say that. Xen0 and Xen8 ones are the cheap knockoff eBay ones I was referring to.
  18. Keirstin Bloom

Is my GC dead?

Have you considered a rev C board instead of A/B? That way if you don't trim it it's much thinner because of the on-board regulators :)
  19. Keirstin Bloom

Is my GC dead?

If this one breaks too, you should make a wii portable instead of a gcp. The trimmed boards are smaller, and take way less power, so you need less batteries. They can also output in component without an expensive cable, and can play wii, gc, n64, snes, nes, gba, etc games as well as wii ware and...
  20. Keirstin Bloom

Custom PS2 Controller

So far no problem, but I haven't connected it all yet. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/custom-ps2-controller-worklog.818/
Back