Search results

1. Dr._Mobo

Swiss, Audio, and Bootup issues

I unplugged and replugged in all of the FFC cables, tried using a new wasp fusion, and even tried to load a game from an SD gecko, but everytime the same thing occurs. Any suggestions?
  2. Dr._Mobo

Thx for the input. I just checked and my battery still has 2.9 v. Also, my screen definitely works with the gamecube because before I had issues booting up it loaded games full screen and fine. Also, when I'm in the gamecube settings menu with the clear cube the image is centered and fully on...
  3. Dr._Mobo

So I am beginning to come close to finishing my gamecube portable, but it seems that Murphy's law is in full effect- as my gamecube has developed three issues that I don't know how to fix. If anyone has any idea what is going on with any of these issues, your input would be greatly appreciated...
  4. Dr._Mobo

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CUBE?!

@Aurelio, Dyxlesci, and Bakuku: I know my wiring is pretty sloppy, especially whenever I put it inside the case. I did glue all my connections after I soldered and tested them, but that could definately be the issue. @ legofan623, when your audio amp would flash on, did your gamecube output...
  5. Dr._Mobo

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CUBE?!

Hey Modretro! So I have been messing around with my gamecube lately. All of my gamecube had been wired up for portablization, so I went to put it in my case. Once everything had been installed in the case, I went to turn on my gamecube. The fan and screen turned on, but the gamecube didn't!Every...
  6. Dr._Mobo

Gamecube portable swiss help?

Your wasp fusion is currently in its normal mode(no Swiss menu is loaded on the wasp). In this mode, you can play gamecube ISOs no problem. The benefit of downloading Swiss onto your Wasp Fusion is that the gamecube automatically loads up the menu without the need of pressing a button EVERY time...
  7. Dr._Mobo

Dr._Mobo's first GCp: The Gameboy^3

UPDATE 6/25 ! Hello Modretro! A lot of progress has been made since my last update. I have began working on the front side of the case but I have only cut the holes and epoxied the pieces in place. I cut the holes using a scroll Saw: I grind it down the sides of the controller using the...
  8. Dr._Mobo

xy007's first GCP

Oh ok I missed the two buttons per trigger thing .thx for info!
  9. Dr._Mobo

xy007's first GCP

Wow! Great work so far! Do those triggers have light and hard press? If so I might have to use them in my portable! :D
  10. Dr._Mobo

No problem Aurelio! I have a bigger update coming up really soon so stay tuned! :D
  11. Dr._Mobo

I got the batteries, protection circuit and smart charger from batteryspace.com. Everything I got was high quality and I would definitely recommend buying from them.
  12. Dr._Mobo

Sd Gecko memory card question

Oh ok sorry I did check the stickies but whenever I wired it up it did not work and I wondered if I was misuderstanding the guide and that diagram was to wire up a gc memorycard to sd card adapter( reverse sd gecko). I now realize that I misread the diagram and was not connecting pins 1 and 12...
  13. Dr._Mobo

Cutting +5v from controller ports

According to Bentomo's controller notes in the Gamecube mega-sticky, you dou not need 5v line if you don't want rumble and don't want to use a wavebird wireless controller. link to Bentomo's controller notes:http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7717
  14. Dr._Mobo

Sd Gecko memory card question

Hey guys I have an SD card to mini SD card adapter and I was wondering if I can connect it directly to GameCube mobo without the actual memory card pins. Is this possible? What Would I do with pins 1 and 12?Thx in advance! http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/images/0/0b/Sdgecko_wiring_diagram.png
  15. Dr._Mobo

ok awesome that will make things much easier when playing.
  16. Dr._Mobo

Yes thank you for asking him it was very helpful! So if I switch power sources without turning it off first it will just reboot?
  17. Dr._Mobo

Update 6/12 Hey guys sorry for such a delayed update I was on a mission trip in Panama (Central America not Panama City in US) so I was not able to post anything for a week. This update is actually kind of old because I did this the night before the mission trip but I used Crash Bash's charge...
  18. Dr._Mobo

Yes I did use SPDT switch... Sort of . I used DPDT switch just like you would use SPDT switch. To wire it up, you put internal controller's data line on 1 side of switch and p1 data line to pin on controller board on the other Side of switch. On the middle pin of the switch, put a wire...
  19. Dr._Mobo

I used Bentomo's controller notes (http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7717) in combination with kasar's portable gamecube controller pinout diagram(http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1654) to wire it. The [wires that jump from port to port are for pin 6 on controller...
  20. Dr._Mobo

UPDATE: 6/3/15 Last night I wired up all of the extra controller ports and installed a switch to change between internal and external p1 port. Only thing is I wired them from behind and accidentally wired them backwards where p1 port is where p3 should be (facepalm). It doesn't matter to me...
Back