Search results

1. Pinotte

GameCube portable help

Nope, the megadrive gets 3.3V from your busted line... Do you get continuity between 3.3V and gnd?
  2. Pinotte

GameCube portable help

Do you get the correct voltages at the various points shown on the trimming guide? And make sure the edges you have cut are sanded A LOT.
  3. Pinotte

GameCube portable help

Check voltage points all across the board. Pictures would be good too.
  4. Pinotte

WASP Fusion and MEGAdrive V3 , an error has occured

Check continuity between the wasp pins and pin on the gc mobo. Can you give us a pic of your soldering?
  5. Pinotte

WASP Fusion and MEGAdrive V3 , an error has occured

Do you have an sd card inserted?
  6. Pinotte

Fleshing out an idea (Car Cube)

1- they are usually rated for 5-15 amps so it shouldn't be an issue. I run my gcp off my car's 12V with no problems. 2- As simple as soldering three wires to a headphone jack :) l-r-gnd
  7. Pinotte

Old Mini HP 110 netbook ideas for modding anybody?

Does it have an hdmi or vga output? It could be used as a linux entertainment system (kodi/netflix/emulators)
  8. Pinotte

Gamecube Portable - The Varia Cube

That is some very nice work! Looks comfortable to hold.
  9. Pinotte

Planned Wii U Portable - Wii Z

Wow this really turned out great! Beautiful design. How are you going to protect the screen during transport?
  10. Pinotte

Portable Gamecube help!

You could solder to the traces connected to the missing solder pads. Expose the copper under the traces by scratching off the masking with an xacto knife and solder to that.
  11. Pinotte

NGCP by Nikoil

Holly flax! That is really amazing work... It all looks so professionnal. I've never seen anyone do such adavanced things for a gamecube portable. And can I get a link for that screen please? :P
  12. Pinotte

Powering on?

You just measured a resistance value :P . You have to turn the knob to the DC voltage reader (upper left area). Start at 600, then go down one unit at a time until you get a reading. Do not start at a low range as you might fry your multimeter. As a beginner you should've bought an automatic...
  13. Pinotte

Parts list help!

People on this forum seem to like the pam8403. Personally I used adafruit's class D audio amplifier which give great sound. You could also tear apart any portable speakers to get speakers and an audio amplifier. I can't really visualize what you are saying :P. Are you using the stock heatsink...
  14. Pinotte

Gamecube controller in a Wiimote

Yeah official controllers are pretty expensive, the smash bros controllers are pretty much identical to the old ones and not so expensive on amazon(23$). Some third party controllers can be trimmed a little smaller than the official ones, but they aren't as reliable...
  15. Pinotte

Gamecube controller in a Wiimote

That seems perfectly feasible! No it's not. Just make sure that whatever unused pots (triggers, analog sticks) are replaced with resistors. It's the same (10K pot). quite a bit: http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8517
  16. Pinotte

Controller ports stop to work after 8 seconds

The logic line is the main power line for the controller. You need 3 wires to get your controller working properly: data, 3.4V and ground. It's explained here: http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7717
  17. Pinotte

Controller ports stop to work after 8 seconds

Are you powering it with the logic line or just the dataline? Not connecting 3.4V logic can cause issues.
  18. Pinotte

Parts list help!

I used the 7 inch model from buydisplay in my gcp and the image is not bad at all, especially for that price. I powered it directly from the brick as the 12V line on the stock regs was busted... It doesn't have any audio input. For audio you will need an audio amplifier for the speakers and a...
  19. Pinotte

Gamecube powering Guide

yup http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14410
  20. Pinotte

Shank's Wii Super Thread

Re: Dyxlesci's Wii Super Thread It's still there bruh :P http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7717
Back