Search results

1. L

Lightning's FINAL PlayStation 2 Portable design

Moving to a new forum, work log can be found here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/lightnings-ps2-years-in-the-making.1268/
  2. L

I don't know what the arduino is capable of in terms of IC programming, truth be told I'm probably just gonna get a USB-Serial adapter and set all the internal regisers using my PC
  3. L

33 and 34 go to the HDMI plug, 35 and 36 are for programming the device, they hook up to a serial bridge
  4. L

Fair enough, the ADV chips would definitely be more versatile than the stock converter, by all means give it a try
  5. L

Okay well the method I outlined is not the same, I would advise you to simply not use the matrix infinity VGA function, and if you want to have more control over the VGA signal, I suggest you use GSM
  6. L

What version of matrix infinity are you using that let's you change video modes in it's config menu?
  7. L

It certainly must seem that way, I am in fact still working on it however, And I'm actually using the ADV7511 now interestingly enough. If you wanna do VGA output you can actually get native VGA from the stock converter chip (CXM4XXX), just put the PS2 in RGB mode in settings, and grab H and V...
  8. L

Sup yall!! So my HDMI board is almost done, but still on hold. As a result I've been designing some minor PCB components for my portable, and I must say, I think this is gonna be my new thing!! First up just a simple pass-through for the ribbon of my LCD. I was gonna buy one but they were all...
  9. L

Latest render, this is beta 3 I have the EEPROM chip tentatively connected, I'm not 100% sure it's correct yet. The only traces I can't draw yet are the 24 data lines I still need the full datasheet, but at this point I may just buy a chip so I can get the bloody thing!! Lastly, I'm open...
  10. L

Indeed you are right, I need to figure out the pins for the boot rom, that's one of the details hidden behind more detailed datasheet..
  11. L

New rendering of progress on the board. Dip Trace is amazing!! Compared to Eagle it's a breath of fresh, intuitive air. I managed to make a custom 10x10 pattern for the QFN-88, and shaped the board according to my own requirements. Added a 5 volt pad for the HDMI hot plug detect, and arranged...
  12. L

Slight upgrade, I just figured out the digital audio data pins, so my converter board will be HDMI, not just DVI New name posiblility: PS2nativeHDMI
  13. L

At this stage I can't even say for sure that it'll work for the PS2, but any compatibility it has with other consoles will depend on how their graphics controllers output visual data
  14. L

If my worklog had a nickname, it would be Backtrack.. The direct LCD mod is back on, sort of. Actually it's my original vision for the mod, which was to be able to encode that 24 bit parallel RGB into a high bandwidth digital signal. So with that, I present the preliminary stage of the...
  15. L

Well so much for FINAL lol, I guess the design process is to intrinsically organic for a rigid structure. Anyway after exhaustive experimentation and no applicable results, I have resolved to go with the SD card solution. I bought this adapter: http://s.aliexpress.com/NfEZzEFR , and I'll...
  16. L

This thing just keeps getting weirder. Some of the primary partitions created by winhiip, including +OPL will sometimes show as "0KB free", and show none of the folders inside them. I also tried to transfer my cover art, about 5MB, on the occasions that it shows the partitions properly, it'll...
  17. L

tiago's PS2p build

Component and VGA can be converted into HDMI, the PS2 can output both
  18. L

tiago's PS2p build

Dude you're gonna run into the same problem with that one. It's video input is the same as the other, so it'll be the same quality (albeit more condensed). You should look for one that takes VGA or HDMI, even the PS1 screen was VGA after all, not that that makes it the standard for all portable...
  19. L

So I did a little digging, and found that I am not bound by the 200kb restriction, also my +OPL partition was 0mb for some reason, so I'm using winhiip to create it from my PC, I'm making it 128mb
Back