Search results

1. RedmagnusX

Sorry, I don't have any for sale right now and I will be very busy for the next few months so I...

Sorry, I don't have any for sale right now and I will be very busy for the next few months so I won't be able to make one.
  2. RedmagnusX

CandyCube For Sale!

The CandyCube has been sold! Thank you everyone for looking!
  3. RedmagnusX

CandyCube For Sale!

Hello Everyone! Today you can own one of my very own custom built Portable Gamecube creations! The CandyCube! It's tough to let this one go since it was a bit of a secret pet project of mine and I built it for my personal use, but I am trying to move into Wii portablizing and once my portable...
  4. RedmagnusX

GameCube portable help

^This. Quickest way to know for sure if there is a short is to test for continuity between ground and voltage. By what you are describing though, it is definitely a short.
  5. RedmagnusX

GameCube portable help

That could definitely be the result of a short. I would desolder the 3.3v regulator and test it on it's own to see if it is putting out the correct voltage to eliminate the possibility that the regulator is the issue. If it is a short, sand the edges on the trimmed motherboard well. The...
  6. RedmagnusX

Introducing, the Creamsicle Cube!

Thank you :) I really wish I had more time recently to build more, but unfortunately there haven't been enough hours in a day as of late.
  7. RedmagnusX

Introducing, the Creamsicle Cube!

The things with silver circles on them are cut out pieces of breadboard with solder pads. Breadboard is often used for mounting hobby electronic components for the purpose of prototyping. I use them to solder my soft tact switches to and to provide a sturdy surface to mount them into my case...
  8. RedmagnusX

Gameboy Fusion - Interest check

Out of Curiosity, did this ever sell?
  9. RedmagnusX

I feel as though you're arguing against a point that I never made. In my post, I was simply speaking for myself. I just personally can not justify paying his asking price whether it is fair or not. What honestly hurts it is that it is something that I can make myself. I only wanted it just...
  10. RedmagnusX

Well, I was interested in buying this portable from you since I've built 10 Portable Gamecubes myself and could fix any issues with it, but if you want $700 I'll have to pass. It would have been nice to own a portable made by Ashen, but I'm just not willing to pay double what he charges for it...
  11. RedmagnusX

N64 Portable

Looks great man! Nice and clean! Great work!
  12. RedmagnusX

Lightning's FINAL PlayStation 2 Portable design

Man these boards look like they're gonna be awesome. Are you planning on selling prebuilt PS2 Native HDMI and PS2-IDE boards in the future? I know I would definitely be interested.
  13. RedmagnusX

Disabling Gamecube Analog Sticks

Hmm. It would be annoying to have to do that every single time you use the controller unfortunately. Tomorrow, I think I'm gonna just try wiring a resistor between the X and Y and 3.3v for both sticks and see how it reacts. I appreciate the input from you guys. I just refuse to dish out the...
  14. RedmagnusX

That sounds about right. I was asking on here because I wasn't exactly sure myself, but I agree that 5k ohm resistors should do the trick. See, I've experienced it differently. I've had it happen on a few occasions, when testing partly finished portables, where the controller would...
  15. RedmagnusX

How to switch between internal and external GCp controller?

Re: How to switch between internal and external GCp controll Namelessone, you're correct. Wiring the Data Line to the switch is the correct way to do it. I've done it that way in many of my portables. When using a switch, it is always the best practice to use the voltage connections (in this...
  16. RedmagnusX

Well, from the looks of it this will be a first. I am looking for a way to cancel out the Analog Sticks for a gamecube controller. My reason for wanting to do this is that I am planning to wire up a trimmed GC controller board into the shell of a SNES controller for use with the Gameboy...
  17. RedmagnusX

BreadBox Cube V.2

This came out great man! Good work!
  18. RedmagnusX

Introducing, the Cobalt Cube! (Commission)

Thank you. It's an original PCB from an Original D Terminal Cable. I didn't buy it for this though, I actually had it lying around. I buy my screens from Dalian Good Display on Aliexpress. Thank you. :)
  19. RedmagnusX

Protobug's second GCP

Sense In should be pin 12 on the memory card and Sense Out should be pin 1. I don't believe that the sense is the issue though. It sounds to me like it can sense that something is inserted in the memory card slot, but it can't read it. From how you're describing it, one of the connections...
  20. RedmagnusX

Protobug's second GCP

Great job on this portable Protobug!
Back