Search results

1. Shank

Shank's Mod Pack: Perfect Wii in 15 minutes! [Pack+Guide]

This pack is obsolete! PortablizeMii is a substantially easier and much better alternative! Click here to download it instead.
  2. Shank

Shank's Wii Super Thread

This guide is outdated and no longer updated. Click here for the latest version INTRODUCTION: There are a few wii guides, but the info is rather scattered. In this thread, I will consolidate and summarize as much of it as possible, while linking to other threads with more detailed information...
  3. Shank

Switching power sources without restarting the system

Imagine: You are playing Metroid Prime 2 on your sweet ass portable you just finished. After many attempts, you have finally defeated the stupidly difficuilt boost guardian. BUT WHATS THIS?!?!?!?! Your red LED turns on: you are low on battery. You only have a few minutes left, and there isn't a...
  4. Shank

Enabling YPbPr on display drive boards with native support

So while looking into display chips, I discovered that quite a few of the current small LCD displays use this same chip: RTD2660. Here is a picture, as there is a good chance your display may use this chip. And I began looking into its data sheet... http://aitendo3.sakura.ne.jp/aitendo_da ...
  5. Shank

Info regarding NFC and Amiibo

I have been searching the internet regarding information on wether the amiibo NFC info can be duplicated to NFC tags, and read by those instead of using the figures. Most search results are simply the masses of miiverse spouting cancer on websites like gamefaqs. Can someone more informed on...
  6. Shank

Disc drive trimming

Sorry to disappoint, but Im seeking information rather than posting it this time. Anybody have any info on how much you can trim a dd board and have games still boot?
  7. Shank

Thermoelectric cooling for portables

As I have been looking for different kinds of cooling I have found out about thermoelectric cooling. The concept seems interesting, and inexpensive. Putting a pad in-between a processor and a fanned heatsink sounds like a great idea. However, I have never seen someone put one in a portable...
  8. Shank

Reversing the polarity of a brushless motor

I have this short and to the point; I have this fan heatsink assembly. Its beautiful. It works. Its inexpensive. Everything I want. 1 problem though: the fan blows toward the heatsink instead of away. Seriously, WHY?!?!? How do I reverse the polarity or make it spin the other way? And no...
  9. Shank

Some Wii U Pictures

I was able to pick up a wii u dirt cheap from a pawn shop today to ship to blargaman. However, he was nice enough to let me gut it before sending it his way. YAY! We have seen teardowns, but its really something else to see a circuit board in person. Could the wii u be the secret to smaller...
  10. Shank

Portable CRT TV

Im looking for a portable CRT tv with video input. Yes. Cathode ray tube. Not LCD. Because melee. Requirements: 7" or less video input color CRT They exist, but mostly in people's garages, thrift stores, or poorly described internet listings. So if you got one, post/send a picture. Thanks Dyx
  11. Shank

Found a 7" with YPbPr (component) input

I have been looking for a display like this for a long time, and I just came across this one. Posting it in hope it helps someone find what they are looking for. http://www.dx.com/p/l7009-7-0-tft-lcd-s ... ack-335866
  12. Shank

Adblock and ModRetro

So, I normally run AdBlock software, but disable it on sites I like and sites that don't have intrusive ads. So Im asking the moderators about the importance of ad revenue. Does me keeping adblock off on this website help keep it afloat, or does most of the revenue just go to facebook (or...
  13. Shank

Wii Board Revisions Guide

This guide is outdated. An updated version of this guide has been integrated into my new guide on BitBuilt. Click here to check it out! Introduction: In honor of the revival of the stickies, Im making this thread to summarize and point out the differences, advantages, and disadvantages of each...
  14. Shank

Why are there no 3rd party wavebird receivers?

I've looked around and there aren't any 3rd party receivers for wavebird controllers. I'm curious why no company or individual has studied the wireless signal and figured out how to replicate it. The receivers have become more expensive than the controllers
  15. Shank

BGA soldering anybody?

Im looking into a project that involves BGA soldering. Im looking to find somebody who either knows how to and can do it for me, or someone who can tell me more information about it, recommend workstations, and help me get over the learning curve. Wether you are selling me a fish or teaching...
  16. Shank

Wii bit smaller: Revisions, Die shrinks, Layers, and more

Prologue: I initially joined the modretro community wanting to make a simple wii portable. But then I decided to go overkill. What started as a simple mod has had me attempting to deconstruct the wii to find as much information in the uncharted sea that is wii portablizing. The Wii has so much...
  17. Shank

Let's talk about Wii trimming

I've looked all over the stickies, forums, and Internet for info on trimming the Wii for months. I have fried almost 10 boards, most I don't even know why. There is so much on the gamrcube, but almost nothing on the Wii. What little there is on the wii is so scattared and difficuilt to piece...
  18. Shank

Do WiiKey/Wasp answer Wii DVD drive "calls"?

I am currently in the process of building a portable Wii. I am very fond of soft modding and USB loading. However, some USB/SD loaders make calls to the wii DVD drive board. It is rather large, and using a wiikey instead would save me quite a bit of space. Would a wasp "answer" calls to the DVD...
  19. Shank

Gamecube P2, P3, P4 and 3.3v, 5V

Hello, I have a simple question. When relocating the controllers, can I use the same 5v and 3.3v line to power more than one controller? I was curious if it is simply used for power. Unless some data is transmitted through either of those lines or each one cant provide the amperage to power...
  20. Shank

Solder Pad Fell Off

Hello ModRetro! I was hoping to have my first post be contributory to the community, but I unfortunately have reached a dead end. Ive been lurking for quite a while, and the portableizing community is just so awesome. You are all tight-knit, friendly, and helpful. I have been working on a...
Back