Search results

1. Shank

Hacking a GC With an Arduino?

I could sense it. Im sure if I said "xbox" 3 times on any thread BB you would show up too :)
  2. Shank

Hacking a GC With an Arduino?

Except thats not true at all. Wiis are so much easier to wire up. So many less wires without the modchip, memory card, and other stuff. Just wire up your power, U10, USB, AV, and controller and you are good to go. Thats like 11 wires to the board total, including the U10 wire. All the other...
  3. Shank

Before you commission a gamecube portable, consider looking into wii portables. You will never...

Before you commission a gamecube portable, consider looking into wii portables. You will never look back.
  4. Shank

Wii Portable

If they existed, we would use them. But, for all intensive purposes, they do not exist in sizes smaller than 7". Yes, there are camera monitors that support it, but they incredibly expensive, and not well suited for portables. Its a huge problem portablizers are facing today. This is not a fair...
  5. Shank

Gameboy with Two Screens

I think running 2 screens off the same digital signal will cause a lot of issues. The easy and obvious solution would be an emulator with a screen capture. Gameboy emulation is pretty solid, but you have probably looked into that. If you want to stick to real cartridges on real hardware, I would...
  6. Shank

Shank's Mod Pack: Perfect Wii in 15 minutes! [Pack+Guide]

Very outdated. It served it's purpose at the time where nothing else existed. Now that portablizemii exists, my old pack is obsolete, and not suitable for portables. Also, note the last reply for this thread was over a year ago, so try not to bump threads :D
  7. Shank

Raspberry pi

8. Shank

If you cheap out, you are about to spend a whole lot of money on parts that you won't end up using in your portable
  9. Shank

Modochrome Bug Reports/Suggestions

Needs more color
  10. Shank

Yea, we know. Don't worry about trying to provide information, we got that covered.
  11. Shank

Portable wii

Either the person who told you that was lying, or you are. Expect to pay 600 minimum for a mediocre Wii, and up to 1000 for an excellent one.
  12. Shank

I normally will super glue round buttons to the mushy tact switches underneath to keep them from spinning.
  13. Shank

GameCube portable by Nikoil

This portable is amazing. It has some of the best engineering design and craftmanship I've seen in a portable, and is for sure one of the greatest ever made. I can't wait to see what you do for your next project.
  14. Shank

Where Can I Buy A WASP Fusion?

The Wii doesn't emulate gamecube games. Its hardware is is just a beefed up gamecube with a few extra bells and whistles. So when you are playing a gamecube game on a wii, it is running on actual hardware. Thats why backwards compatibility is basically perfect. Pretty much everybody today who...
  15. Shank

Where Can I Buy A WASP Fusion?

There is no future for GameCube portablizing. Wii portablizing makes it completely obsolete.
  16. Shank

Gamecube 12v / 5v Solder Points.

Hello, and welcome to the forums! Im not particularly savy on the GC specifically, but the definitive gamecube trimming guide would be a good place to start, but unfortunately, most of Ashen's pictures have been taken offline. Fortunately, the photos are backed up on GCforever, linked here. It...
  17. Shank

The Gamecube library is better than the Wii library, and I have never met anyone who disagrees with that. But you know whats better than GameCube or Wii games? Gamecube AND Wii games. If the Wii didn't have perfect backwards compatibility or homebrew, Wii portables would never be a thing...
  18. Shank

It is always on in a standby mode, and turns on automatically when current is drawn from the battery pack. Just put a switch in series for the main power line from the battery to your other components and you should be good to go.
  19. Shank

Then I would advise using this battery pack. I can confirm that the board is somewhat small and supplies enough power to run a whole Wii. @gman and I have disassembled several and know that they use 4 genuine sanyo, LG, or Panasonic cells.
  20. Shank

I would recommend getting a digital caliper, measuring them once you get them in the mail, and trying different test prints once you have the measurements. If you are going to be drilling holes in plastic rather than 3d printing, drill several holes in spare plastic, like a wii shell, of varying...
Back