Search results

1. DarkWing

Battery question

Hi there, I would recommend Hunting down a SCPH- 7900x model if you can. Not saying it's not possible to do it with a SCPH-9000x but you will not be able to get a square board due to the controller/memory sticking out. Also the 7900x is the model which is the most documented so it's easier to...
  2. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

And I’m back…again. After only 1 1/2 years of hibernation I couldn’t stand looking at this empty case anymore so I ended up jumping back on this project from last week. I’ve also got a bit more regular times during the weekends now so I should be able to finish it this time, if nothing else...
  3. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

So I had this idea for a while which was to use the button of a PS3 controller as the main switch for the portable. The cool thing with that button is that it is semi-transparent so you should be a able to see a light through it. For this I got a tack stitch which comes with a LED, cut a small...
  4. DarkWing

PS2 SMB with a Raspberry Pi or how to load games at near full speed

Thanks, I had a quick look and it seem that he is using a custom firmware instead of raspbian on his Pi. Raspbian is what I chose to use for my project but you should be able to use any Linux repo that can run Samba and is compatible with the Raspberry Pi, as long as you know how to set it up...
  5. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

Case Update So after all that sand there was… more sanding. Did a coat of primer which revealed quite a few defects and by digging a bit some of those defect where actual air bubble from the ABS cement. Applied a nice layer of filler to fill those suckers. First coat of paint was not bad...
  6. DarkWing

3. OPL settings 3.1. Plug everything together You are almost there, after doing all those steps you should be ready to connect the PS2 and PI together. As mentioned in the item list this setup works with a normal ethernet cable, the Pi and PS2 will do all the magic so you don’t need to use a...
  7. DarkWing

2. Raspberry PI 2.1. Setting up your PI 2.1.1. Cool, now that you have setup you USB drive just plug it into the PI and using you ethernet cable plug into your Modem so that you have access to internet. For this setup you will need to install Raspbian which is the default OS for Pi’s. The...
  8. DarkWing

While playing with this setup I was taking some notes an though compiling this into a step by step guide would benefit the community more than sitting on my laptop so after a bit of effort there it is. This guide will help you setting up a Raspberry Pi to stream games to a PS2. The point of...
  9. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

hmm, sounds familiar... already reply to something like this in another forum Update So for the last few weeks I have been busy filling/sanding which isn’t the most passionating part of the project but needed to be done. In that time I also received a PS2 79001 model(NTSC) which I order a...
  10. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

Thanks, but I meant in the upper 200~300 like this Lilliput screen. Those would take YPbPr and HDMI but are just over priced for what you get. On my side I would also avoid going above 6" for screens as I fell it just become too big and would also try to keep a 4 : 3 ratio which is usually...
  11. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

Got one a few days ago;) Was feed up of seeing that fuzzy menu and hit a road block with GSM, just couldn't save the config. Could be due to using the MC in slot 2 but not quite sure. Which screen are you using? small LCD that take component natively are usually quite hard to find or are really...
  12. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

So I had another go at setting up VGA. When I played with that 4 years ago I already had a trimmed PS2 and had a few think setup on it and for some reason it just didn’t want to work. I went back to my 5.6” Dalian Good display screen which was still connected to the LMH1251 board and desolder...
  13. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

Thanks for the offer @ModU but for this project I need to stick with frankencasing as the case is around 80% completed. Still need to go through a few sanding/filling phases, making the port holes, priming then if it looks good painting it and sealing it.
  14. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

Also, just sharing some info about the controller board I’m using. It’s from a third party controller called “Genius maxfire blaze”. I got it a while back and was pleasantly surprise to see the board was quite small. The gamepad look like this And it’s made of 2 boards, the big one is only...
  15. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

@Kickback Thanks dude, It's quite time consuming but got good result with frankencasing so far and couldn't let this case to go to waste. Finally manage to get some solid time over the weekend to work on my portable. So let’s get straight to the update. Screen board To slim down the board I...
  16. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

Thanks for clearing this up, was not sure about the forum rules since it's been a while :) happy to be back, every time i was looking at that case I wanted to finish it.
  17. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

Tools & parts Parts this is most of the parts I will be using, still waiting on a few minor thing but this should be the bulk of it. New toys And got some new toys to help me with this process, specifically got amazed by that Hakko desoldering gun, made the whole desoldering process much...
  18. DarkWing

DarkWing - PIS2 portable

So after a short break of… around 4 years I finally got the time/ motivation to finish my PS2 portable. I couldn’t stand seeing this half finish case staring back at me, begging to be completed. For reference this is the link to old post...
  19. DarkWing

Powering a PS2 Portable

Hi, assuming you will use a 79000 model and without disk drive you should be able to use power source from 8.5v to 5.7v. You can read more here. Which mean that a 7.4v battery pack would work quite well as a fully charge pack will give a 8.4v and the voltage will decrease as you use it. With...
  20. DarkWing

Ps2 Disk Drive

Hi there, if you want to keep the original disk drive you will need those parts to relocate it. Digikey has a lot of different product with similar specs so you just need to search the descriptions from those unavailable parts to get other parts with the same specs, like the one below...
Back