Search results

1. NekoNova

Broken display on GBA

Hey Community! I've recently found my old GBA again, the black model: And I noticed a problem with it. When I insert a game, and turn on the device, the music plays and pressing the buttons causes the game to react. E.g I can boot up Pokemon and actually load my save game, but the display...
  2. NekoNova

Nintendo Gameboy D-pad rubber

Hey all, I'm looking for a new rubber to replace a broken one from my gameboy's D-pad. It still works at the moment, but one of the 4 pads is ruptured and sometimes the D-pad does not work properly. Anyone have one for sale, and willing to ship to Germany?
  3. NekoNova

Playstation SCPH-7xxx case + powerboard PAL

Hey all, I currently have a spare case for sale from a PlayStation SCPH-7xx2 model, including the powerboard and all required screws to hold the internal mainboard. The mainboard and lens however are not included. The casing has some minor surface scratches, but is otherwise in good working...
  4. NekoNova

NTSC Display Issue

Hey all, I've managed to get my hands on a SCPH-1002 model, and I installed it with an MMR3 chip from the Eurasia shop. The thing is, it plays imports and backups properly, but the output when playing an NTSC game is either black/white when using the video leads, or when using my RGB Scart...
  5. NekoNova

PlayStation mod chips

Hello, I just got my hands on 4 PlayStation consoles from ebay, all PAL model. I know I can get the stealth chips from EurAsia and make them play back ups, but I was wondering if someone knows about a chip to make them region free? Or if there is a hardware mod that can be done to break the...
  6. NekoNova

Power Supply

Hey all, I have 2 bricks (power supplies) that don't give out any juice anymore. Is there a way to open them? I can't see any screws on the outside and the casing is clearly 2 plastic shells, but can't find anyway to open them and look inside :S
  7. NekoNova

GameGear Power jack

Hey all, I'm in need for some advice, as I cannot find directly what I need on Google. The situation is as follows: Today, I've been given three GameGears for repearing. One is of the USA model, the two others of the Japanese model. I mean the internal board type here. One of the Japanese...
  8. NekoNova

Game Gear Cartridge reader

Okay, This is going to be a long shot, but I'm looking for a cartridge reader to replace the one on a Game Gear system I currently have. I've been debugging the system for days now and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It usually crashes with distorted game display. From looking at all...
  9. NekoNova

Repairing a Gamboy DMG Classic

Okay, As mention in my previous thread, I'm going to keep a worklog on my progress in order to properly restore this gameboy. Introduction Originally the gameboy comes from Ebay. It was being sold as "defect" with the message that the led turns on when batteries are inserted, but no sound or...
  10. NekoNova

Drive Board Fuse

So yeah, one of the fuses on the drive board blew, the ones with the "N" on them. I'm trying to replace them with a new SMD fuse, but can anyone tell me what kind of Voltage I should aim for? Or the Current? I can try measuring the voltage over one, but I'm not sure if this will give me a...
  11. NekoNova

Trying to revive a Gamebox DMG

Hey everyone, first time poster, long time lurker :) I'm having some issues with getting a Gameboy DMG revived that I bought of Ebay. The package contained 2 gameboys, but listed as not working. The first I had was really easy to repair since it only suffered from vertical lines. The second...
Back